Author Topic: Passenger lists Canada to England 1923 CROSSAN - COMPLETED with Thanks  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Carol47

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Passenger lists Canada to England 1923 CROSSAN - COMPLETED with Thanks
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann
What a great message on New Years Day.  Yes - I did believe that Henry James died without marrying again. To know that he did have family and his descendants are alive and well is great news.

As you probably know, James had three brothers, James Coole, William and Alexander Sinclair. As far as I know there were no other siblings. Do you know of any others?
James Coole Crossan was my mother's father. When I remember how, I will send you a private message with my email. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Carol
HINCHLIFF, Hardcastle, Heyes
HULME,
CROSSAN, Lloyd-Jones, COOLE (COOILE)

Offline Millbrook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 January 14 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,
My sister and I were really thrilled to hear from you so soon, especially as it is a while since you last left a message on rootschat, also that we have found a relation on our mother' s side of the family which is wonderful news.
We would be interested to know if you have found out anything about Harry's son, Harry, who was born to Josephine Spencer, or perhaps point us in the right direction to find this information.
We look forward to hearing from you again.
With best wishes, Ann

Offline Carol47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi again. I tried to send PM with my email. I can't post it here. Josephine's son Harry born 1923. Married Marjorie Mills in 1945 (FreeBMD). As far as I can tell, they had 3 children - Susan, Jeffrey and Margery. Susan died at birth. Jeffrey married and had at least one child, Gary. Marjory married Peter Clowney and they had at least 3 children. This information all came from FreeBMD. I have not verified it elsewhere. I have written to the assumed families both by email and snail mail, but no one has ever replied. I believe they still live in the Liverpool / Bootle area. If you ever make contact, I would love to hear about them.

Can you share more of your grandmother's and mother's story? and do you have any photographs of your grandparents. There was a history women being "left" by the men in this Crossan line. How sad. There is such a lot of information about the earlier Crossans that I will share with you. I don't know i this will work or not, but for alternate contact we could try: My name is Hinchliff and on google.com I use the first 5 letters plus c as my address.  I am also on facebook.
Look forward to hearing from you again
Carol
HINCHLIFF, Hardcastle, Heyes
HULME,
CROSSAN, Lloyd-Jones, COOLE (COOILE)