Author Topic: WEOBLEY  (Read 4797 times)

Offline Val in Tasmania

• RootsChat Extra
  • TASMANIA,MY HOME STATE FOR 12 YEARS
    • View Profile
WEOBLEY
« on: Friday 11 June 04 09:00 BST (UK) »

Hello All, Thought I would put a photo on here of WEOBLEY. I spent the first 20 years of my life in this wonderful tudor village but now I live in WARATAH TASMANIA. If there is anything I can do to assist anyone please email me. www.waratahtasmania.com
CUTTS,FLEMING,ELTON

Offline GRACELAND

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Elvis Presley* ARTIST OF THE CENTURY..*
    • View Profile
Re:WEOBLEY
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 June 04 17:40 BST (UK) »
 :)Im intrested in next village up  LEINTWARDINE.. ;)
God Knew Elvis was Tired so he called him to rest !................
"I like it well done, Cooked. I ain't orderin' a pet."
--Elvis Presley, On Meat
"Don't be like nobody else or you'll be livin' a lie, and that ain't livin'."
--Elvis Presley, On Individuality

Offline SteveSims

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Member
  • English + Irish + Welsh + Scots + German = Aussie
    • View Profile
Re:WEOBLEY
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 June 04 10:06 BST (UK) »
I didn't realise Weobley is a village? I thought it was the "big town" in the area I'm researching - Yazor, Mansells Lacy & Gamage, Brinsop, Kenchester, etc. It would be lovely to get over there next year and find it still rural.

Cheers
Steve
My English ancestry from Berkshire Buckingham Cumberland Gloucester Hereford Hampshire Lancashire London Somerset Staffordshire Warwick Wiltshire Worcester Yorkshire ... so far

Offline star

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WEOBLEY
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 August 04 07:12 BST (UK) »
  :)Hi, I'm trying to establish whether my family did come from Weobley, or maybe this is just one of those family fables! However, what I really wanted to say was, when I visited Weobley (before I knew of the connection or was interested) it really was a beautiful 'black and white' village and still rural as well as the other surrounding areas. All the buildings were a feast for the eyes and so peaceful! In fact, I must go back there one day.Weobley was on the 'black and white villages trail' if I remember correctly. Hope this encourages some of you to go there!

Researching: Lee/Clague Cluness/Eunson