Author Topic: Eames of Kinlough / Rossinver  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Magh Itha

• RootsChat Member
  • Quinn of Convoy and related families
    • View Profile
Eames of Kinlough / Rossinver
« on: Thursday 14 April 11 00:23 BST (UK) »
My Ancestor Timothy Eames born September 1826 in Kinlough and died November 1895 in Derry
In July 1852 he joined the Revenue Police and in 1857 became a member of the Irish Constabulary (later R.I.C)
His wife was Ann and the children were called: John; Ann Margaret; Catherine; Jane; Michael Timothy; William and Joseph.
His parents were John (1799-1889)? and Mary
Would be glad to hear of anyone connected or who would have further information on Timothy.
Quinn (Donegal); McLaughlin, Doherty (Big Hill, Corney, Dubh, Lenan, Meenkeragh, Mor, Ownes, Roe, Druminderry.), Barr, Granny  (Buncrana);  Bonar (Convoy); McGlynn (Burnfoot); McFadden (St Johnston); Hamilton (Raphoe); Houston (Meenbane, Donegal); Eames (Kinlough, Leitrim); Murray and Henry (Westport, Mayo); Hasson (Derry); Eames (Leitrim); Farrell (Lanesboro) Scally (Gallagh, Roscommon); Casserly (Garranstown, Roscommon): Brennan and Hyland (Rathcline, Longford); Hopkins (Cashel, Longford

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eames of Kinlough / Rossinver
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 April 11 09:32 BST (UK) »
Your Timothy seems to have ended his days as a publican in Derry-
"The Will of Timothy Eames late of John-street Londonderry Publican who died 6 November 1895 at same place was proved at Londonderry by James Hassan of Fincairn Feeny County Londonderry Farmer the sole Executor." Will mentions married daughter catherine, married son John, wife Annie, briother-in-law James Hassan (executor). See www.proni.gov.uk
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!