Author Topic: Eleanor Lea, bapt. Jan 1837, Chirk.  (Read 14004 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eleanor Lea, bapt. Jan 1837, Chirk.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 15 April 11 15:58 BST (UK) »
I've just sent Twdyr this as he has PMed me about his family:

I think there are two John Lea - one an innkeeper and one a miller. The Chirk one probably died.

Here's a likely death cert for him:

John Lea, Sept q, 1839, Oswestry, vol 18 page 91

As I said, I'll Check on the Chirk burials when I get back.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 15 April 11 16:00 BST (UK) »
With that, I'm not sure which John Lea Twdyr is interested in, the Miller or the Innkeeper.

Maybe we should wait until he tells us  :)

Added - reading the first post again, it is Eleanor who is his ancestor so the John (innkeeper)  and Ann in Overton are likely not his.  Sorry to confuse anyone but Twdyr replied to my posts via PM rather than on this thread.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 15 April 11 19:56 BST (UK) »
Don't worry,I've also been in touch with Twdyr by PM.The Will that is mentioned is very interesting indeed.I'll have a look at my Tree and be back!I would agree that we are now looking for another John Lea!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 15 April 11 19:59 BST (UK) »
Twdyr will be interested in the John Lea who is the father of Eleanor.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 15 April 11 20:20 BST (UK) »
As far as the Williams family(Robert and Margaret),I have the Margaret as being a Margaret Lea,born in Overton in 1808.Margaret being the daughter of a Job Lea(born Hanmer Flintshire 1778) and a Margaret Reece born in Overton in c 1778.Other children born to Job and Margaret being Charles Lea born in Overton in 1806 amd Job Lea born in Overton in 1811.Job snr and jnr are seen together on Census entries.]

A possible is that the Margaret Lea I have posted about in an earlier message is the one who married the John Lea at Selattyn in 1829 and went on possibly to marry the Robert Williams at Wrexham in 1842?

Regards

William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 15 April 11 20:24 BST (UK) »
I can't get the liink for the Will to work?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Twdyr

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 15 April 11 20:31 BST (UK) »
Dear WRJones, gnu and Wilcoxon,
Can I thank you greatly for the time and effort in researching and responding, it is very much appreciated, and also an apology for not posting on here and unwittingly replying by PM.  Can I just clarify, for all to see, I am looking for the family of Eleanor Lea (b.1837 Chirk) who married my great great grandfather in 1860.

1. Eleanor appears in 1841 with Margaret Lea 30, and siblings Job 10, and William aged 2. In 1851 she appears with William, in the household of Robert and Margaret Williams.  Margaret Lea possibly married Robert Williams in Wrexham, 1842.

2. There is a death for John Lea in July qtr 1839, and the July 1839 will, names his as a Miller, with a brother William Lea, and names his wife Margaret's brother as Job.

3. It is the Miller John Lea I think, and not the publican John Lea, that is Eleanor's father.

4. There may be two 'John Lea' but either way, there is still a connection to the to the family of Lodwick Lea and Eleanor Newnes, as well as Job Lea and Margaret Reece in the 1770's

Again, thank you so much for the information, I know so much more than I did 12 hours ago! I didn't think I would get any replies!  Just a case now,  of making the jigsaw pieces fit.

Regards and good wishes,
Philip A Jenkins
Jenkins: Guilden Sutton/Plemonstall, Manley, Bebington: Cheshire. Wales, Hawarden Fl
Hughes/Jenkins pre-1650 north Wales., possibly Anglesey/ or Huyish of Somerset.
Smith: Somerset, North Curry area.
Dawson: Birkenhead, Lancashire, and USA.
Lawton: Birkenhead, Wirral, Staffordshire.
Jones: Flintshire, Flint
Lea/Newnes: Chirk Mill, Penley, Hanmer, Worthenbury
Williams: Llanbeblig/Caernarvon.
Rowland: Llandrygarn, Anglesey.
Brew/Lewney: Isle of Man
Powell/Bennett/Forward/Coram: Somerset/Wellingto

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 15 April 11 20:51 BST (UK) »
Now I highlighted earlier the baptism of John Lea in 1807  to parents Lodwock lea and Eleanor Newnes in the Penley Parish Registers.Looking again now though,there is also a baptism for another John Lea in 1807 at Penley.He is given as the son of a William and Mary Lea.Now this William and Mary are a couple who I have ignored up to now as they do not seem to fit with the rest of the family.This William and Mary also had a daughter Sarah baptised in 1805.No other children are found for them.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 15 April 11 21:12 BST (UK) »
I can't get the liink for the Will to work?

Regards
William Russell Jones.

No, it`s a bit slow loading for me. It`s an `outside` link from the LLG so perhaps better to search for the Will direct from their site.
There are only 17, not as if it was a Jones  ;D ;D ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)