Author Topic: Poland: Meider/Mider  (Read 14438 times)

Offline ninachristal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Poland: Meider/Mider
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Maud

you may have seen that Newman and Kate Meider where my Gt. Gt Grandparents, my father was named Norman which I understand came from the name Newman.  Would be lovely to hear if you have any stories or photos of them.  I have one photo of the Meider family taken about 1915 with them standing outside somewhere called 'Lombardi' which I am at the moment trying to find out where that could possibly have been and if it's still there!  Would be very interested in you have any other photos of them as I only have the one, I'm presumining you've prob already got this pic but if not I am more than happy to send you a copy. 

I live in Chelmsford so I'm not too far from where the Meiders moved to!

Take care

Nina

Offline ninachristal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 13:12 BST (UK) »
Me again  ;D do you know what Katie Meiders maiden name was as that's a blank for me at the moment?

Offline MaudM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 June 11 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hello another member of the Meider family.  My Great Grandmother was Martha, daughter of Harris Meider who was married to Flora Bemstone, Martha married David Chesses and their children were all named after Flora and Nachman's children.  Newman, Annie, Flora, Amelia, Soloman. Eva and then there were three more Morris Walter and Lenny.   

Harris and Nathan had a brother Wolf who only lived for one day, born in Kalisz in 1825, my Grandmother's brother Walter was named after him.  Walter died in the first World War just 3 weeks before it ended.   After that my father was named Wolf in memory of his Uncle.

Would love to hear any information regarding the family.

Offline maltwoodclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 June 11 21:47 BST (UK) »
Wow! You lot have been busy!!!!!
I have a fairly extensive family tree, plus photos, on Ancestry.ca.
I am now living in Canada.
Here's how I fit in:

Me
Grandfather - Ernest Meider
G Grandfather - Sydney Meider
GG Grandfather - Newman Meider
GGG Grandfather - Harris Meider
GGGG Grandfather - Nachman Meider

If you all want to send me your email addresses, I can send you the link to view.
I would love to swop photos.... :-)

Offline maltwoodclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 01 July 11 00:12 BST (UK) »
Kate's surname was Barnett. She was born in 1863 in Margate and died on June 15 1937.
Let me know if you want to see my tree!
Sam :-)

Offline MaudM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 01 July 11 13:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Interesting to read your e-mail, my father was Solomon Meider, the brother of Sydney Meider, he was my fathers oldest brother, I think Sydney was 10 years older than him, and my grandparents were Newman Meider and Kate Barnett, so that would make us about 2nd or 3rd cousins. I am also in touch with another Great grandaughter of Sydneys, a Pearl Meider, I suppose there must be a few of us out there, but many  who don't seem to be interested in their ancestry.
Iwould love to see any pictures that you have, I too  have a few too, so maybe we could swap. my e-mail address is : (*) so we could communicate easier that way, it's more private.
Ruby X (MaudM)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline maltwoodclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 17 September 11 19:29 BST (UK) »
hi, Greetings from New Zealand. My mother was a Meider, her father was Harold, and if I've got it right; his father was Newman, his father was Nathan, and his was Nachmann. So I guess that makes us related. I'd ne interested to know if you have found out anything more, and i know mum would definitely be interested. Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I have a lot more information if you would like to PM me your email address I will send it through.

Offline estherm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 23 September 11 16:31 BST (UK) »
Hello to the Maltwood/Meider clan in Canada

My name is Pat, my mother was Annie Meider, daughter of Abraham, who was a son of Nathan, I realise you are on Harris`s side of the family, but I have had great difficulty tracing descendants of Nathan, The New Zealand contact I know, in fact have travelled there to meet up with them, Neuman was my Grandfathers brother,  I heard from Susan that you had an amazing amount of information, and I would love to be in touch with you.  I live in England.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Offline maltwoodclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 21 May 12 03:25 BST (UK) »
I have traced my ancestors back to the marriage of Nachman and Chaja in 1824. They had 8 children of whom 6 survived according to records. Three of the males emigrated to Birmingham, UK in the mid 1800's (Harris/Hersz, Abraham, Nathan/Nasen).I have found a record of a Mr. Mider arriving in Dover on Sept 11 1857, although I am not sure if it is the right one. Harris Meider (Hersz Mider) married Flora Bemstone (?) in Birmingham synagogue in 1858. I have found no Polish records of her and guess that she went by a different name then. Harris was my 4 x grandfather. I have traced some records via the Jewish Geneology website but would welcome any additional information.
I can't find any additional information of Nachman and Chaja, although I believe that his father, Hersz, died the year before my 4 x grandfather in 1827, hence the name.
I do know that from these two people (Nachman & Chaja) our family has grown beyond belief and that there are over 600 people to date!
Finally, I have found the deaths of Nachman Hersz and Chaja Golda (no surnames)in 1852. These were registered in Parczew, Lublin Gubernia which is about 5 hours east of Kalisz. Nachman's father is listed as Nuchman Hersz and his mother, Malka Chaja Hindla. There are no details on Chaja apart from the fact that she was Nachman's spouse (Film #747900). Could this record be relevant?
Thanks for any info.
Sam