Author Topic: Take every opportunity.....  (Read 752 times)

Offline tabitha

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Take every opportunity.....
« on: Saturday 23 April 05 23:25 BST (UK) »
A couple of weeks ago I was given an address for my Grandad's cousin. Plucking up my courage I wrote to her and received a lovely letter back inviting me to telephone!

I did and received a warm welcome and lots of snippets of family info and some lovely stories about my ancestors along with her brother's telephone number.

Today I rang this lady's brother and low and behold he's been researching our family for a lot longer than me and has a suitcase full of certificates, wills etc which he has very kindly offered to copy and post to me.

The moral of this story......take every opportunity that comes your way. It may not give results like this but just think in a few years time this brother and sister may not be here and I would never have known two of my relatives or received such enthusiastic help!

tabitha  :)
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline wellie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Take every opportunity.....
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 April 05 23:37 BST (UK) »
Well done tabitha. if you see any more suitcases lying around with my name on it let me know ;D ;D
Wellavize- Wellavise- Willavize - Willavise - willavoys all area's

Paul E

Re: Take every opportunity.....
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 April 05 12:03 BST (UK) »
Excellent news, Tabitha - and the moral of your story is so right!

Paul