Author Topic: Edith Pinnock  (Read 6572 times)

Offline acftus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edith Pinnock
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 26 October 11 23:22 BST (UK) »
Apologies Dawn

Kevin

Offline acftus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 28 April 12 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi

Coming back to to this thread after many months and wondering if there is any other information available?

This is what I have found so far. Edith was born in 1875, probably Kilburn, Middx. She lived with her mother, Mary Ann until she married Thomas Barnett in 1894. There are no records I can find relating to her birth.

I am also looking at her brother, my Grandfather, William John Hyde Pinnock. (His name is also shown as William John Henry). He was born in 1880, but his birth certificate does not indicate who his father was. Hyde seems to be an odd christian name so I have been investigating this name.

A very tenuous link is that Thomas Barnett's father married at the Christ Church, Ealing and there was a marriage of a William James Henry Hyde in 1872 also at the same church.

Probably clutching at straws here, but you never know.

Any suggestions would be great

Kevin Evans

Offline stonelee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 06:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my great grandmother was Edith( edie ) Pinnock married to Thomas William Barnett. They lived at 121 Parkway Rd Eaton.They had three children, Tom, hilda( my grandmother ) & beatrice. We grew up with the story that Edith & a brother were iligitimat, there mother was well up the ranks of house keeping & went to work in France,  it is unclear wether Edith & brother are of french &/or spanish origin. There mother never had to worry about money. Thomas Barnett my greatgrandfather, had a sister Eliza, Thomas fathered a child while still married to Edith, Edith & kids( adults) left him & moved to Torque for a year then came out to new zealand, only then let friends know where they were. I believe Thomas married the mother of his child. I have marriage certs, photos of Thomas & sister, & of Edith, she lived till 94, I was to young to remember her. Hope this helps

Online Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Stonelee - Hello & Welcome to Rootschat  :)

If you want to use the PM (personal message system) you need to make three posts.

Rootschat user Acftus hasn't been on the thread since April 2012, hopefully they will receive notifications of these messages and reply back

This is what I have found so far. Edith was born in 1875, probably Kilburn, Middx. She lived with her mother, Mary Ann until she married Thomas Barnett in 1894.

I am also looking at her brother, my Grandfather, William John Hyde Pinnock. (His name is also shown as William John Henry). He was born in 1880, but his birth certificate does not indicate who his father was.

This looks to be William John Henry Pinnock's marriage he named his father as William John Pinnock,
witnesses to the marriage were Edith & Thomas BARTLETT

18 Mar 1906 St Michael & All Angels Bedford Park  Hounslow
William John Henry Pinnock 25 occ Painter 5 father  William John Pinnock Labourer
Sarah Ann Briggs 21 father George Briggs Miner
Both single, both signed, both living 5 Chapel Place
Witnesses Edith & Thomas BARNETT

1881 census 147 Osborne Rd Brentford
Mary Ann Pinnock 35 Waltham Abbey Essex , Edith Pinnock 5 Kilburn Middx &
William J H Pinnock 6 mths Acton Middx living with the FRANKLIN family Head of the household is William Franklin 31 occ Labourer

1891 census 16 Strafford Rd Acton
Mary A Pinnock Head Wid. 41 Hertfordshire Laundry Work
Edith dau 15 Nalcoe Ireland Laundry work
William son 10 Acton Middx

1901 census
Mary Ann Pinnock Head Widow age 56 born Waltham Abbey Essex occ Laundress
William H Pinnock 20 born Acton Middx occ House Painter

121 Park St North Acton
Thomas BARNETT 33  Acton Middx Carman
Edith 26 Kilburn
Hilda 4 Acton Middx
Beatrice 2 “
Thomas 8 mths”

Bapt. All Saints South Acton parents Thomas William  BARNETT occ. Carman & Edith
Abode 121 Park Road N.
14 Jul 1896  Hilda Edith
7 Aug 1898 Beatrice Emma
5 Aug 1900 Thomas William Holmes born 11th Jul 1900

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 11:46 GMT (UK) »
With Mary Anne Pinnock giving her places of birth as Waltham Abbey Essex & Hertfordshire, this looks a good bet for her bapt. 15/9/1844 born 19/8/1844 Cheshunt Hertfordshire,
Parents William & Ann

She could have used her father's name for a fake husband?
Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline acftus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 07:13 GMT (UK) »
Certainly may explain why I have been unable to find any father to William and Edith. Strangely enough, on Edith's marriage certificate of 1894, it gives her father as George Pinnock! Maybe this was an Uncle or some other relation.

All in all a very strange situation, but I suppose not uncommon back then.

Many thanks for the continued help.

Kevin

Offline Albatrosskayak

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 06 January 17 03:38 GMT (UK) »
Edith Barnett was my great-grandmother. She had three children Hilda Edith, Beatrice and Thomas. She left her husband and ran away from Acton to Torquay. Beatrice married a WW1 NZ soldier and came to live n NZ. All the rest (Edith, Hilda and Thomas) came to NZ and lived here for the remainder of their lives. Beatrice's marriage did not last and she married someone with the surname and Don. There were two children from this marriage - Ken and Bob. My grandmother was Hilda Edith. She married John Lewis Latimer (called Lewis) and had one child - Hilda Edith Katrina Latimer. Hilda Edith Katrina Latimer (my mother) married Jack Osburne Stone and had 4 children. Grant Stone

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 06 January 17 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Grant

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

acftus hasn't been online here since 2014 but as long as his email address hasn't changed, should receive a notification that you have posted and hopefully come back soon.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline acftus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 07 January 17 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Crikey, didn't realise that it's been a couple of years since my last contact.

Thanks for the information regarding Edith. Most helpful.

Kevin