Author Topic: Northern Echo - WIGHAM  (Read 14321 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Northern Echo - WIGHAM
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 August 11 12:34 BST (UK) »
Chris ,
How very sad ,
I do hope that Emma is still checking her posts,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline ipsley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 August 11 20:26 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Pleased you found my info useful. My mum`s account of what happened to William and his wife is quite accurate as she was 16 when it happened and as I am a member of Ancestry I have found a family member who confirms the story that William poisoned himself.
I am not sure of children but have ben able to find the names of five - 3 males and 2 females - Thomas H Wigham, Ronald B Wigham, Wilfred L Wigham, Lilian Wigham and Rose  M Wigham.
 I am also a member of My Heritage and am able to invite people to view the site so if you would like to see the ancestry of William, send me your email addres so I can invite you to view the website.
Look forward to hearing from you,
Christine

Offline EmmaZomb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 September 11 20:10 BST (UK) »
That's brilliant thank you. Some things seem to correlate in the kids names! Wilfred, Rose and Lilian I know of.

I've pm'd my email address.

Many thanks

Offline Wig1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 January 12 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Dear Sirs,

If anyone can advise me on the ancestry of William Wigham it would be of great help. I was aware of this event in our family history, but knew very little of it until I came across your thread. My grandfather was George Wigham who died in Whitby in 1969 and is the brother of Lilian,Wilfred,Ronnie,Tommy and Rose, my father is Ian Wigham born 1938.

Offline ipsley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 15 January 12 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
My name is Christine Thorpe and William Wigham was the step brother of my grandfather William Hopson.
William Wigham was the son of George Wigham and Dorothy Bowen. George was Dorothy`s first husband/partner and he was killed in the 1882 Trimdon mining disaster. Dorothy then went on to have three other husbands and 8 children as well as the three she already had to George. After George died she was with John Peat and had 2 children to him, then she married John Stoker of Brandon and had another 2 children to him. He was killed in the mine and then she married my great grandfather Thomas William Hopson and had another 4 children to him.
William Wigham died in 1934 - family story which is true - he killed his wife accidently and then committed suicide. if you want more details all my info about him is on my family website of My heritage- if you send me your email address I can invite you on to have a look. The Wighams and the Bowens are very interesting.
Hope this helps you,
Christine.

Offline EmmaZomb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 January 12 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Does any one know of a Dorothy Wigham? Would have been daughter to William? She would have been a sibling of Wilfred, Rose and Lilian etc.

Offline banni2

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 16 January 12 16:27 GMT (UK) »
yes I know of Dorothy Wigham her married name was Hardy she was my late husbands auntie he was Lilians son she lived on the Isle of White with her daugter mary and her husband John Stitt I am going to get some more information from my husbands brother ,when Ido Iwill pass it on

Offline Wig1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 19 January 12 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christine,

Thanks for the information, my email is *

Regards
David

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ipsley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 19 January 12 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi, David,
Thanks for trying to send youer email address but it was removed by RootsChat in accordance with their policy so I didn`t receive it. Not sure what to do now. I can try sending you mine, then I can get in touch with you via that. See what happens *

Christine
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php