Author Topic: census for Enniskillen- completed  (Read 7582 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
census for Enniskillen- completed
« on: Sunday 24 April 05 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
does anyone know if any census is available for Enniskillen EG 1851 trying to fined  the Lilley family
Martin Lilley born 1831 Enniskillen found a mesion of some Lilleys Mallyknock ,Belmore Street and Derrcara as the first two sons born were John and James I assume  this could be the fathers names of Martin but thats a guess at this stage
Martin Occupation was  Hawker He married Susannah Griffith she was born Devon but they Married in Durham England all the children were born England I have all history from 1855
thanks
audrey

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
Re: census for Enniskillen
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 April 05 17:55 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately the vast majority of Irish census records were destroyed in a fire in the 1920's

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 April 05 19:32 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately the vast majority of Irish census records were destroyed in a fire in the 1920's
thanks I did not think there was but it was worth a try
audrey

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 June 08 23:31 BST (UK) »
In case new members look at this thread and wonder what is available which might provide information for the mid 1800s there are what are known as Census Substitutes covering that period. These are the 1862 Griffith's Valuation extracts which show the heads of household for the Parish of Enniskillen. www.failteromhat.com/griffiths/fermanagh/enniskillen.htm

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 June 08 08:02 BST (UK) »
Chris
thanks for that never seen that before and 3 Lillys OK different spelling but I find that common with Irish names

audrey

Offline Bo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 November 08 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Audrey

I came across this web site accidently while searching for my own relatives.  There's only one Lilley mentioned and it seems to be 1871 but it might be relevant.  Best wishes   :)

http://www.nifhs.org/straysL.htm#b