Author Topic: (COMPLETE)Randwick cemetery James HEMPHILL 1950  (Read 13079 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Randwick cemetery James HEMPHILL 1950
« Reply #45 on: Monday 25 April 11 06:59 BST (UK) »
.. no ideas at all .... but your interpretation of the ink overwriting on that Ad is logical, and I agree it is their citation ... and it is definitely a cutting from a newspaper.  It mentions Australia, so definitely NOT an Aussie paper, and it is on an index that mentions ENGLAND ... so most likely an English newspaper.  

http://blog.fibis.org/?p=241

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline melandjamie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 25 April 11 08:47 BST (UK) »
Agh,  I must have missed that .... Intestate ... but of course, so that would get fairly quickly to the Public Trustee's domain for action ...

JAMES HEMPHILL late of Paddington N.S.W.. Retired Tobacco Worker, died 14th July, 1950, Intestate. Admini- stration was granted on 27th October, 1950. 

JM

uumm ok i'm going to show my ignorance now what does that mean? lol i thought it must have ment he died interstate. what would that have to do with the public trustees domain?  :) i'm learning so much doing all of this thank you all so much for all the information and advice you have given me i really appreciated it

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 25 April 11 08:53 BST (UK) »
 ;D

RChat is wonderful .... Intestate means died without a will .... without determining what happens to the ESTATE

so the courts appoint the PUBLIC TRUSTEE (a government institution) to handle the estate .... debts v any property/cash at hand etc...

Cheers,  JM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intestacy
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline melandjamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 25 April 11 09:03 BST (UK) »
oh that makes more sense i should learn to read properly there was no R in intestate lol

good news is I've found out where in Randwick cemetery they are buried so that's a step forward :O)

Hemphill, Clara d.15/05/1947 bur. 17/05/1947 Age 53 Section CE S Plot 2 Address & Other 32 Suffolk St Paddington

Hemphill, James d.15/07/1950 bur.18/07/1950 Age 66 Section CE S Plot 2 Address & Other 32 Suffolk St Paddington

James and Clara are buried together in Church of England Section S, Plot 2.

It appears that at least Clara has (had) a headstone, per the Monumental Inscription details:-

Hemphill Clara Edith Section/Plot CE S2 Date of Death 15 May 1947
 Inscription My Wife

I'm going to be so disappointed if this turns out not to be my James, I've ordered the wedding certificate so now i just have to sit and wait :O)

Offline melandjamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 26 April 11 11:19 BST (UK) »
just wanted to say thank you so so much to Shakel for taking time to go to Randwick cemetery for me and tracking down the graves of James and Clara. Clara had a head stone but unfortunately James didn't so i still don't know if this is my James or not I'll just have to try and wait patiently for their wedding certificate to arrive  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 26 April 11 11:28 BST (UK) »
Oh may I please say just a few words

Thank you melandjamie for thanking Shakel ... it is so heartening to read RChatters sharing their thanks so publicly. 

Very touched I am .... and of course waiting patiently for your post when that m.c. arrives.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline shakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 26 April 11 11:47 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome Melissa. Hope it all goes well for you.
Shakel

Offline melandjamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
(COMPLETE)Re: Randwick cemetery James HEMPHILL 1950
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 12:06 BST (UK) »
Yay it's him!!!!
James did marry Julia O Gordon and then divorced and re married Clara Crowley but the best bit is they had a daughter so more digging to do  ;D

thank you again to everyone for their help, now onto the next brother and this one is a doosy I'm definitely gong to need help with this one  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: (COMPLETE)Randwick cemetery James HEMPHILL 1950
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 05 May 11 01:37 BST (UK) »
Great  news

Hoping you will find the bro too .... Did you sort out the UK advert?

Cheers  JM