Author Topic: Wardley Street Wandsworth  (Read 66882 times)

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wardley Street Wandsworth
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 13 February 20 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Eric and korner.  You can exchange e-mail addresses by private message.  Just click on the circle under your name - the one with the image of a page of writing - and you can exchange messages (no attachments allowed).

Good luck  :)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline korner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 13 February 20 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Yes please I would love to see them if possible.eric

Eric my Mum remembers you. I have sent you a message. X

Offline ancain92

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sunday 08 March 20 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find out some information about the Cain family, who lived in Wandsworth in the Wardley Street/Lydden Grove/Lydden Road area from at least 1901 - 1930. I hope the name might be familiar to someone, as my family have lived in the area for several generations and some of the family still do.

I know for sure that George Cain (my great grandfather) lived at 69 Wardley Street in 1901, with George (his father) Esther (mother), and siblings Esther Ann, William, Elizabeth, Frederick, Walter, John. As of 1919 he was living at 58 Lydden Grove with his brother John and sister Esther Ann, who was then married to George Marshall.

Thanks.

Offline Ayrenat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Sunday 28 June 20 14:48 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am looking for information about my maternal grandmother Georgina Mattey and her family.  My grandmother was born in 1920 and they lived at 86 Wardley Street.  Her father was George Mattey and her mother Bridget Mattey (Nee Carney) and she had a sister Kathleen (Kit) who was born in 1912).  My grandmother evidently worked at The Primrose Laundry in Bendon Valley. In October 1945 she married my grandfather Harry (Henry) Mason (born 1923) who at that time lived at 21 Lydden Grove.  My grandfather's parents were Walter Mason and Emma Mason (Nee Pritchard) and he had many brothers and sisters.    I think one of his sisters married into the Gumble family whom I believe lived in the same street as him. As much as I love the facts - dates etc, it is the stories I have been reading in this thread I would love to know the most!  My dad, David Mason, passed away in 2002 and I wish I had of asked him more about the stories!  I believe my grandparents moved to Russell Pickering House after my dad was born and sadly my grandmother passed away in 1963 leaving my grandfather to bring up 4 children on his own!  Anyway, any information anyone has - even if it doesn't include the family and just more stories of the area I would be truly grateful!  Once lockdown is over I hope to visit Magdalene Cemetery as I believe a great deal of family are buried there!  Thank you, I look forward to hearing from anyone!   :)

Offline Ayrenat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Sunday 28 June 20 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi all im having a real problem trying to peice together my family from wardley st THE KENTS and THE  MASONS my grannie was Queenie kent father GEORGE HENRY KENT he died in 1929 and i think her uncle brought her up can anyone help me please my grandad was Jack Mason
Thanks  ;)

I believe your Grandfather Jack was the brother of my Grandfather Henry (Harry)! My dads name was David Mason! 

Offline TonyAngela

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Thursday 07 January 21 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marian my sister Elsie married a wiliam brooks.sadly Elsie died in 2018.william died on the 25 of december2019.my family went to his funeral on January 31.the wake was held in the Grover arms at the top of wardley street. The brooks were a large family and when wardley street was declared slum area the brooks moved to the aboyn estate near tooting.i moved from London in 1957 I have fond memories of the time I lived with Elsie and William/bill as i knew him.if I can help with anything else.please get in touch.eric
hi Eric my mum was Annie Curtis and we lived at 31Wardley street the same time as you Elsie and uncle John. One of my earliest memories as a kid is of you sitting at my Nans table drinking a cup of tea in your army uniform on leave. regards Tony

Offline Eric Metcalfe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Monday 01 February 21 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi I remember you.were you living up stairs with your mum Annie and George’ left wardley street in1958 on leaving the army. Where did you go when you left.did you go to the abounds estate near tooting.my dad and sister with her husband lived in the flats on the aboyn estate l have photos you might like to see.are you on the internet kind regards eric

Offline TonyAngela

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Friday 05 February 21 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eric . We moved to tooting , my Nan moved to the aboyne estate. Later on I lived in Australia and still have children living there and have visited many times , I live in kent by the coast now . Would love to see the photos I’ll send you my email address. Stay safe x

Offline Eric Metcalfe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Friday 12 February 21 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks will send photos via your email address stay safe eric