Author Topic: Oldcastle - Meath  (Read 6012 times)

Offline Dancing Master

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Oldcastle - Meath
« on: Monday 25 April 11 14:14 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a Mr Ross who I believe was a schoolmaster at Old Castle in the early 1700's.

I am also looking for Isaac Henthorn and his wife Mabel and sons James born 1706  and John.

There appears to be no trace of them being born there.  but Isaac and Mabel married in 1696 in the Kilmore area of Ireland.

Can anyone assist please.

Offline CBen1603

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Oldcastle - Meath
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 19:05 BST (UK) »
Isaac and Mabel moved to Ireland in the late 1600's from England during the Cromwell invasion.  Although I am still searching, I beleive they may have lived in and Isaac may have been born in the Hamlet of Henthorn in England in mid 1600's. Their two sons, John and James were born in Lancashire, Meath Ireland in the early 1700's. The family were flaxseed farmers.  There is one record available from another couples' wedding in Meath during the time showing Isaac and Mabel Henthorn as witnesses to the event.

Offline Dancing Master

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Oldcastle - Meath
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 May 11 15:06 BST (UK) »
Yes  I have all of that, but there is no mention of any Mr Ross, who paid for one of their sons education.  This is the problem. I am a Henthorn(e) but coming across problems getting the copies of the documents I have the reference numbers for out of Ireland.

Thank you for the input