Author Topic: Watkins & Clements, Pontypridd  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Jan Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Watkins & Clements, Pontypridd
« on: Wednesday 27 April 11 03:41 BST (UK) »
Looking for Eric(k) Saunders Watkins (born 1898 in Swansea) and his wife, Mildred Clements. They married in 1923 in Cardiff and, I believe, had two (or more) children who were born in Pontypridd.
Possible names are: (*) and (*) but more proof is needed.
This is one branch of the Watkins family descended from Howel and Mary (Jones) Watkins of Swansea. Howel Watkins was a Printer and one-time Mayor of Swansea in the 1800s.
I would be grateful if anyone can help me to find Eric(k)'s descendants (the above Howel Watkins was his grandfather).         Janice

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Rowley

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Watkins & Clements, Pontypridd
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 April 11 16:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan, Birth of (*) Dec Qtr 1925 11a974 in Pontypridd mothers maiden name Clements, no record of (*) so far, hope this helps Rowley

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.

Davey in Upper Machen, Bedwas, Cascade Glam
Owen Merthyr,Gelligaer area.
Thomas Brecon and Merthyr Tydfil.
Williams,Llangynwyd, Pengam Mon and Glam.
Bevan Mynyddislwyn Pengam and Gelligaer area.
Ellery and Trotman Wooton under Edge,Bristol and South Wales

Offline Jan Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 April 11 18:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rowley - every little bit of information helps.

Janice

Offline heddwch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 April 11 13:46 BST (UK) »
Hello there,
(*)born June Qtr 1924 registered Pontypridd mothers maiden name Clements
Also
(*) born December Qre 1925 registered Pontypridd         "            "        "

Kindest regards
Heddwch

(*) Moderator Comment:

Maeer - Devon and Glamorgan
David - Cardiff Pontypridd
Astley -Merthyr Tydfil
Newland- Hampshire
Jones -Treherbert Rhondda
McCarthy - Cork & Cardiff
Pellow  -  Cornwall

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 23:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Janice  :)

Welcome to RootsChat!

RootsChat is meant for finding ancestors, rather than living relatives.

Personal details of any people known or thought to be living will be removed, in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses. So people here will be able to give you general tips and hints how to proceed, but not any concrete details.

You will also find more tips here:

Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,261434.0.html
and
Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

Good luck with your search,
Morgan

Offline Cathy.N

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 October 21 10:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,
I am new to Roots Chat today (26.10.21) and amazed I came across your post re Eric Watkins and Mildred Clements who I believe are my maternal grandparents. Yes they marry in Cardiff, move to Swansea and did have two children (Joyce Ann and Peter). Joyce being my mother. The information you provide in your post is correct and I would dearly love to discuss more with you and look forward to this.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 December 21 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,
I am new to Roots Chat today (26.10.21) and amazed I came across your post re Eric Watkins and Mildred Clements who I believe are my maternal grandparents. Yes they marry in Cardiff, move to Swansea and did have two children (Joyce Ann and Peter). Joyce being my mother. The information you provide in your post is correct and I would dearly love to discuss more with you and look forward to this.

Hi Cathy, welcome to Rootschat. I don’t come on here very often but have done a lot of research in Pontypridd so read the post. If you post three messages - even a reply to this and one other - you can then send a pm (private message) to Jan. Hope this helps. Good luck.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....