Author Topic: parish records for Humphries abt 1790  (Read 1072 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
parish records for Humphries abt 1790
« on: Wednesday 27 April 11 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi all, i am wondering if there is any parish records online, or available to buy anywhere that will help me get my family tree further.

i have found out that my Gt Grandfather James Humphries was born in Benthall, Shropshire, and then living in Ironbridge till he married my Gt grandmother in 1924.

so now my research has to be down here, i have managed to trace back with the help of a fellow distant cousin who is researching the same family, and we have become stuck with the baptism /birth of John Humphries - we think about 1781 he was born, - I do have the date of 20th July 1781 Madeley, but cannot seem to find where the source came from. i wouldnt normally put an actual date, unless i have seen documentation confirming this, however my papers and notes on the family doesnt seem to have this???.

He married Ann Barker 21 Oct 1822 Madeley, and he died 1838 Madeley, i do have the death date as 9th July, so possible that my fellow distant cousin has the or seen the document? - i await there email to confirm.

anyway i am wondering if i /we can get further back with finding the baptism, or parents names.

John children were Emma b 1821, Elizabeth b 1822, Mary Ann b 1825, Edmund b1827 , Sarah b1832 and Thomas b 1837

Thomas been my line.

any help would be greatly appriciated

Thankyou in advance

Weenie

Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: parish records for Humphries abt 1790
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 April 11 20:22 BST (UK) »
Hi, you could try www.archive.org ,type in shropshire parish, there are a lot of baptism marriage deaths online.

Hope this helps
claire.t
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk