Author Topic: Gwendoline Gladys CROOM  (Read 2834 times)

Offline adam72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Gwendoline Gladys CROOM
« on: Friday 29 April 11 17:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to find out any information about a Gwendoline Gladys Croom - although based on the information I have found so far, I think she was born Gladys G Croom in Dec 1914. She appears to have died in Oxford in March 1987 under the name of Gwendoline.

Based on educated guess work, I believe that she was the daughter of Archie (Archibald) Ernest Crees Croom and Lilian Wiltshire. If this is correct, then I also believe that she had two brothers - Edward R and George S Croom. Archie is recorded on the 1911 Census as a Farmer. The 1911 Census states that Archie was born in Chiseldon, Lilian in Swindon and Edward and George in Wanborough.

Edward appears to marry Gertrude B Lillywhite in 1938, they have a daughter, Ann E, in 1939 and Edward dies in 1940 - perhaps related to the bombing of Bristol(?) - although he is not recorded as a civilian death on the CWGC website. Gertrude remarries in 1944 to a Thomas C Hignell.

I have not found a marriage for George.

If anyone can shed light on any of these people particularly on Ann E Croom, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Gwendoline Gladys CROOM
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 April 11 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to |Rootschat

Rootschat guidelines do not allow us to post any information about anybody who may still be alive which may apply to one of the persons in your request above

There is a death in 1981 in Wiltshire for a George Simeon Croom b 12.10.1910 - that birthyear ties in with the 1911 entry you mention

No obvious marriage - but sister Gladys/Gwendoline appears to have died as Croom so presumably unmarried
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 April 11 17:40 BST (UK) »
Ann E Croom was born and died in the December qtr 1939 in Wiltshire - see freebmd
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline adam72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 April 11 17:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much - this kind of ties in with what I was thinking. I had not looked back as far as 1939 for Ann's death which was silly on my part! :-)