Author Topic: Ballentine - Ballymena and Belfast  (Read 2989 times)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ballentine - Ballymena and Belfast
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 November 23 09:26 GMT (UK) »

I would like to find out if poss if Daniel Ballentine was my grandfathers parent it looks like my Granda Thomas Ballentine was born 1877 don't know where as he married 3 times it gives Billy Bushmills for 1 st marriage and Larne for his other 2 marriages he lived in Larne until he died 1961

Was Thomas' first marriage not the one to Margaret Armstrong that I posted above at reply #10? That marriage took place at Cairncastle Church of Ireland, just north of Larne and Thomas' residence was given as 'Ballysnodd', which is just south of Larne:

https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/belfast-lower/inver/kilwaughter/ballysnod/

Online Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 November 23 10:20 GMT (UK) »

I would like to find out if poss if Daniel Ballentine was my grandfathers parent it looks like my Granda Thomas Ballentine was born 1877 don't know where as he married 3 times it gives Billy Bushmills for 1 st marriage and Larne for his other 2 marriages he lived in Larne until he died 1961

As gaffy quoted in reply #10, Thomas's second wife was Maria Hull (marriage 1903). His father was Daniel Ballintine, a carpenter.

Have you purchased, or hold the marriage record for Thomas in 1923 when he married Margaret Magee (reply #13)? His father should be named in col 8 with name and surname and (in col 9) his father's rank or profession.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline LindaBoyle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 November 23 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Yes def I researched Ballysnodd as I live near it but nothing has come up