Author Topic: McParland/lane/McFarlane - where'd they go?!  (Read 5692 times)

Offline cem1980

• RootsChat Extra
  • Tying up loose ends since 1997
    • View Profile
Re: McParland/lane/McFarlane - where'd they go?!
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 01 May 11 15:56 BST (UK) »
I've found another birth in 1864 Mary Anne daughter of James and Mary but she doesn't appear on the census in 1871 with them so wonder if she died young. (baptised Dalry st Palladius as with the others)
McFarlane, Tidy, Tebbutt, Simmons, Huson, Copeland, Smith, Bell, Godley, Gresham, Harvey, Durell - Woolwich, Camberwell, Aldermaston Berkshire, Hampshire, Pavenham Bedfordshire, Grimsby

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 01 May 11 16:17 BST (UK) »
Just seen that birth for Mary Ann on 24 Sept 1864 in Dalry. As you say, likely she died young given she doesn't show in 1871  :-\
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 01 May 11 16:21 BST (UK) »
I think the address for mother Mary's death may be Borestone (there is a Borestone showing in 1881 in Dalry).

Monica

Added: Borestone looks to have been a mining community from what I can see which fits well with father James' occupation. A map here of location www.ayrshirehistory.org.uk/postings1/burnside.htm
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kerleykins

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 August 12 00:59 BST (UK) »
[

Hello Cem

Mary HOLLYWOOD's sisters, Bridget and Catherine were in Rotherham at the time of Mary's death.
Perhaps Mary's husband moved there, to be close to family for the children?
Perhaps he emigrated?
He could have also, put the two young ones, Patrick aged 4, and Sarah aged 2, at time of death of their mother, in a Work House?
Bridget HOLLYWOOD's husband did that to the two youngest, when Bridget died, leaving two young children.
I'm a descendant of Catherine HOLLYWOOD who emigrated to Queensland on "Scottish Knight", from Glasgow, after her marriage in Rotherham.
I'd like to hear from you. I've replied to another message you had on RootsChat re HOLLYWOOD surname but you didn't respond.

Di R.
Queensland. quote author=cem1980 link=topic=529866.msg3843667#msg3843667 date=1304249238]
I am trying to find out what happened to an Irish Imigrant family - they fall off radar after 1876.

James (jas) McParland Ironstone Miner) marries Mary Hollowood in Forkhill Co. Armagh 1861

First son Francis born in 1862 baptised at Coatbridge St Patrick's

Then....
Bridget 1866
James 1868
Patrick 1872
Sarah 1874        - all born and bapstised Dalry

1876 Mary dies registered by her Husband in Dalry

Then...NOTHING, not a sausage, until 1890 when Francis marries in Broxburn. I can find no trace of the others.

I have scoured the 1881 census for any of them. Francis seems to have settled on 'McFarlane' but I have tried McParlan/lin/lane/land/Carlane/lin/land/Farlane/ling/land/Mac - ad infinitum
They just have vanished. Would really appreciate any pointers or help thank you.

Offline annstewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 21 November 12 18:32 GMT (UK) »
I have an Archibald Mcfarlane b 1830, Ire.  He married Margaret McKiernan/Mckernan/Mckerran?
Their children were born in Culfeightrin, County Antrim & Ballycastle, Ireland
John b1855 Culfeightrin m Mary Mcginlay in St Rollox, Glasgow/lived in New Monkland/Occ:  Iron Miner, Foundry Labor, Coal Miner (a son of John b1855 was Patrick b1881 married in Airdrie, Patrick b1881 had a son who was born in Airdrie)
Mary b1858, Ann b1860, James b1862, Archibald b1864, Patrick, b1866, Alexander b1869, Margaret b1871, Sarah b1874, James b1878, Elizabeth b1881.
 I have a well developed tree on Archibald Mcfarlane's b1830 children.  These families lived in Coatbridge, Cleland, Wishaw, Airdrie, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow.  The families emigrated to a beach town in Southern California.  They lived in Redondo Beach, Hermosa, Manhattan.  They worked in the oil refineries on this coastline.

Could be part of this family group.

Offline fergup

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 17 October 13 08:12 BST (UK) »
James Mcfarlane dies 1899 informant Francis living in Coatbridge. James also remarried a Mary Cronin in Paisley and goes on to have children being born in Maryhill Glasgow. The family finally settle in Stirling area. I have found about 11 offspring in total but don't have time to pass it on just now. Interesting note though due to such a large family some stay catholic others change to protestant. Each of the offspring have large families so there a tons of them in the Stirling/Falkirk area. Many of them don't know they are related