Author Topic: Hugh Miller  (Read 9886 times)

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Miller
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Thank you for getting in touch with me it's great to find another member of the family even if we are distant relations Hugh would be my great great uncle as he was my dad's great uncle,

feel free to contact me on anything, Yes that's right the Youngs Mollie, Janet, James (my grandad) moved to manchester.

Would like to get in touch send me a personal message and i'll tell you a little more of what i know
I've only just started researching the Miller side of the family as i don't know much of them

Donna
Young, Bland, Glossop, Warrington, Rowland, Ball, Gregory, Howsley, Higton, Miller, Laidlaw, Walker, Cairns, Turnbull, Bell, Chadwick, Bradbury, Gould, Harvey, Webster.

From, Cumberland (Cumbria), Derbyshire, Rostrevor, Kilkee, USA, Australia,

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 12:45 BST (UK) »
New members of RootsChat require 3 posts to have full access to the Personal message system, so MillerIreland will need a couple more posts... see : http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Note : Email addresses are not permitted on rootchat posts, but you can share these, and recent details, by Personal Message

Dublin Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 12:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane

Thank you for all the information you gave me, The name you gave me to order the birth certificate for Hugh Miller is correct as i'm now intouch with one of his daughters.

I owe you so much in helping me i really do appreciate very thing you find for me

Sorry i've not been on for a while it's just everytime i've tried logging in my internet crashes,

Looks like i've found a distant relation thanks to you helping me

Donna
Young, Bland, Glossop, Warrington, Rowland, Ball, Gregory, Howsley, Higton, Miller, Laidlaw, Walker, Cairns, Turnbull, Bell, Chadwick, Bradbury, Gould, Harvey, Webster.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 12:53 BST (UK) »
thanks for the update - great to hear that you've found out more details about your family... well done, and good luck!

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline MillerIreland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 12:55 BST (UK) »
Cheers Shane
Excellent resource and assistanec is very much appreciated.
Jimmy

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 12:58 BST (UK) »
All this information is amazing it's so hard to try trace realtions in ireland from around then as i believe most of the records was destroyed in fires, i've found a lot of information with help of other groups that's helped me get intouch with family.

:)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 13:09 BST (UK) »
Do you have Hugh's mothers maiden from the birth cert ?

Civil records are complete, so it should be possible to find a reference for his parents marriage .. if it was in Ireland

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 13:12 BST (UK) »
Her Maiden name was Bell

Her name was Janet Marn Bell, she was from scotland , I didn't order the certificate until i checked it was the right name by his daughter i've recently found out that he didn't get a copy of his birth certificate until he retired

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 13:20 BST (UK) »
I forgot that you mentioned Bell before...

I'll check for a possible marriage in the index for James and Janet in Ireland, but looking back at the 1901 census we mentioned earlier, it looks like they may have married in Scotland, since the eldest child (Christina) on that return was born there

Shane

My Surname Interests