Author Topic: Edgecombe born British North America, emigration to New Zealand  (Read 4166 times)

Offline Suz in NZ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edgecombe born British North America, emigration to New Zealand
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 May 11 12:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacquie,

No, not as yet, as we only found out about Mabel last week. Alice's marriage and possibly death cert will be ordered soon, but if she is the child in the foster home at age 7 yrs, then it will be interesting to see if she knew her parents names when she got married in 1906.

I will post here as soon as I know anything new about these girls.

Cheers,
Suzanne.
UK: Strangward/Strangwood (Herefordshire), Holehouse, Dunning (Middlesex/Essex), Futter, Valler/Voller (Hampshire/Surrey)
Scotland: Reid, Hamilton, Nicol (all Isle of Arran)

Offline Ruth Edgcombe

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 January 12 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi not sure if you are still trying to find out information about Alice and Mabel edgecombe but if you are let me know I believe there parents were George and isabella Edgcombe (nee morell)I have recently found out that they would have been my grandfathers half sisters and there are more sisters and half sisters and bother the dates you have listed match

Ruth

Offline Suz in NZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 January 12 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruth,

I have sent you a Private message but don't know if you will get it as you are a new member to Rootschat.
I've done lots of research and discovered many things about this Edgecombe family, some of which still have mysteries surrounding them. Was your grandfather's mother Ellen Gyde? Would love to make contact with you so hope you do get my message with my email address.

Suzanne.
UK: Strangward/Strangwood (Herefordshire), Holehouse, Dunning (Middlesex/Essex), Futter, Valler/Voller (Hampshire/Surrey)
Scotland: Reid, Hamilton, Nicol (all Isle of Arran)