Author Topic: Dalmeny Church  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Windsor87

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rose of Ballivat
    • View Profile
Dalmeny Church
« on: Wednesday 04 May 11 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

I wonder if a rootschatter in West Lothian would be able to do me a favour?

For a couple of years now I have been looking to obtain a photograph of the Rev W. Neil Sutherland. He was minister at the local church here in Fraserburgh from 1919-1926, before moving on to Dalmeny from 1926 until his death in 1946. So far I have a poor photo from a newspaper, and a photo giving a nice view of the back of his head...

Anyway - there is a book I've noticed in the West Lothian Library Catalogue which will probably be of some help in the search:

Souvenir of the royal visit to dalmeny church : By King George V and Queen mary, 7th July 1931.

If any rootschatter happen to use West Lothian Libraries when searching their family trees, I'd be grateful if you could have a look for this book for me to find out whether or not his picture is in this book. He is famous as the minister who restored the church (which is why the King and Queen were visiting) so he should be in it.

http://wlhas.westlothian.gov.uk/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=X3045235285O8.106530&profile=wl&uri=link=3100008~!506441~!3100001~!3100002&aspect=subtab11&menu=search&ri=1&source=~!training&term=Souvenir+of+the+royal+visit+to+dalmeny+church+%3A+By+King+George+V+and+Queen+mary%2C+7th+July+1931.&index=TITLE#focus

I hope someone will be able to help.

regards
Windsor87

Strachan of Strichen/New Pitsligo - Connon of Turriff - Watt of Pennan - Noble of Broadsea -  Garden of Peterhead - Bryson of Ecclefechan

Offline Windsor87

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rose of Ballivat
    • View Profile
Re: Dalmeny Church
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 May 11 01:09 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I also sent an email off to the library, and one of the librarians was kind enough to look out the book. She scanned the photos and sent them to me - so this thread is completed.

regards
Windsor87
Strachan of Strichen/New Pitsligo - Connon of Turriff - Watt of Pennan - Noble of Broadsea -  Garden of Peterhead - Bryson of Ecclefechan