Author Topic: Wright in clackmannanshire  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Kev Searching

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wright in clackmannanshire
« on: Monday 25 April 05 14:06 BST (UK) »
Hi folks, wonder if anyone can help. I have been searching my history but have come to a stop at Robert Wright and Janet hunter married 20th may 1850. I know they have at least 3 sons David, Robert and William. David lived in Alloa married Janet Cowie and had at least 2 children Isabella and David who I have as shop keepers from the 1901 census, David died in 1921, Robert lived in Alva and died in 1914 and William lived in Stirling and died in 1933. Any info on any of the above would be greatly appreciated especially parentage for Robert Wright.  ???

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: Wright in clackmannanshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 April 05 02:37 BST (UK) »
Marriage of Robert and Janet

20 May 1850
WRIGHT ROBERT
JANET HUNTER
CLACKMANNAN
466/00 0007

On the Death Cert for Robert ( who was single at the time of his death in 1914) both parents are deceased (Robert Wright and Janet Hunter) and Christina Wright niece was the person who registered the death.

Robert is listed as being a woolen weaver by trade and aged 59 at the time of his death from Bronchitis

Robert Wright ( the father) died November 5th 1911 aged 87 (married to Janet Hunter who pre-deceased him) in 10 George Street Alva his parents are listed as David Wright a coal miner and Marion Wright nee Mitchell

The death was registered by David Wright his son who lived at 47 Park Place Alloa

Janet Wright nee Hunter died August 11 1906 aged 74 in George Street Alva ( She was the daughter of James Hunter and Catherine nee michie (sic) David the son registered the death.

Hope that helps

Best wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Kev Searching

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 April 05 19:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Mo this is terrific news ;D Robert is my GGreatgrandfather and you have opened some new branches for me to investigate. Don't know how you managed to find it but many many thanks.

Kev  ;D

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 April 05 19:52 BST (UK) »
Glad to have been of help... got all the info from Scotlandspeople...

Best wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland