Author Topic: Email  (Read 1876 times)

Offline alf

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Email
« on: Saturday 07 May 11 22:46 BST (UK) »
I have just been informed that some people are getting advertising emails from my account at hystfield2006@yahoo.co.uk.  I have checked with Yahoo and told that that address has been "compromised" so I will be using it no longer.  If anyone receives email from that address, it has NOT been sent by me.
Many thanks
Alf

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Email
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 May 11 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Alf

Normally we don't allow the posting of email addresses on the boards, as you know.  I'm making an exception this time because you say you have de-activated the account and to help identify the account you are talking about.

Ironically, posting email addresses publicly tends to be how this sort of thing perpetuates and is precisely why we remove them from the boards on Rootschat.  I will lock this thread, since its purpose is to inform rather than start a debate.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)