Author Topic: Thrandeston PRs look up please  (Read 5639 times)

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thrandeston PRs look up please
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 13:38 BST (UK) »
National Burial Index I think you will find.

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 17:21 BST (UK) »
Keziah2 ...thankyou senior moment ::)
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 18:56 BST (UK) »
We all have them

K (21+)

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 13 May 11 17:51 BST (UK) »
Taken from Thrandeston parish register.

Children of Robert Groom and Elizabeth Barnard

Robert 11 May 1794
John 30 Aug 1795
Margaret 20 Nov 1796
George 14 July 1799
Anne 9 May 1801
Susan 1 Aug 1802
William 1 June 1806
Sarah 30 Sept 1810
Enoch 8 Apr 1814

I couldn't see a baptism for another George but if Robert and Elizabeth had children in May 1801 and then August 1802, not sure where he would fit in.. Maybe between Susan (1802) and William (1806), just because I couldn't find him doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't there  ???  Are Robert and Elizabeth definitely his parents?

The children of George and Amelia Groom were definitely not baptised at Thrandeston.

Anne

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 13 May 11 17:53 BST (UK) »
A marriage at Thrandeston:

Robert Groom singleman and Elizabeth Barnard singlewoman
Married by banns 25th February 1794
Both signed X
In presence of John Barnard (X) and Elizabeth Soames (X)

Banns published 9, 16 and 23 February 1794

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 13 May 11 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne

Thank you for the PR information, that is very kind of you.

I don't know if Robert and Elizabeth are George parents, so I will have to do more work before I could feel sure, but with limited records to cross reference it is difficult, what I do know is 'my'George is alive at 80 years old in 1881, so born c1801,  but that is from a census and I have known difference of up to 20 years in age over several census with some of my ancestors.

I was looking in Norfolk and in the 1851 census he gives his place of birth as "Suffolk? Trandliston? " but he was living in Tivetshall Norfolk and I had looked everywhere without finding any information...so I thought for a long time it may be a spelling error and for somewhere in Norfolk, but it is amazing what you don't see even when you check records, rootschat/the people who help are so good for me as it makes me look at the  information I have, their local knowledge is invaluable whether it is from living there or research experience or just fresh eyes.

I also don't know if George, their son who died is the same George born in 1799...it looks like they married 3 months before Robert was born, so I wonder if there is another George prior to that or as you say between Susan and Wm or even Wm and Sarah, and maybe for some reason he wasn't baptised at all or was baptised in another village.

George Groom and Amelia Kemp married and had their children baptised in Tivetshall Norfolk.

Looking at the SBI there are 10 GROOM burials in Thrandeston.  Starting in 1723 with John GROOM son of Enoch.  There seems to be at least 2 couples surname GROOM.  Enoch & Ann/Thomas & Elizabeth.

Thrandeston is a very small parish in the Hartismere Registration District.  Like many Suffolk villages in that area the houses are situated around a common - in the case of Thrandeston there were 2 commons refered to now as Great Green & Little Green.

K

ps.  Plus 2 other burials in the name GROOME

Maybe 'my' George is the son of one of these couples?

Regards
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend