Author Topic: Hampshire Byles/Biles  (Read 2655 times)

Offline JRF1974

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hampshire Byles/Biles
« on: Tuesday 10 May 11 02:11 BST (UK) »
I am looking for connections to a George Byles/Biles, who first married Elizabeth Norris in St Marys Southampton in 1789 and subsequently married Catharine Greenway or Greenaway in All Saints Southampton in 1792.  Son of first marriage was George Biles born 1790, and children of the second marriage were Harriet 1793, George William 1795, Charles James 1798 and Catharine 1801.

Offline Otis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hampshire Byles/Biles
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 19:04 GMT (UK) »
hi;

Would like to share info on your George Byles/Biles and Elizabeth Norris, etc.

please contact me by pm

Mark

Edited to remove personal e-mail address inaccordance with RootsChat practice.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks.

Offline SBiles

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 August 12 07:03 BST (UK) »
George 1790 I think moved to isle of wight and I have a tree of most of his descendants  - would be keen to see what you have before 1790.

Offline JRF1974

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 August 12 03:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Since writing that post I've realised that my George Byles/aka Biles could not be the same George Biles who married Elizabeth Norris, unless he lived in two different places and had families with each wife, which I'm sure he didn't do.  He was described as a widower when he married his second wife Catharine in 1792, but so far I haven't found any other previous marriage for him :(  Will just have to keep looking I guess.
Jo