Author Topic: JOHN HARFORD/GALWAY?1821  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Searcher

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
JOHN HARFORD/GALWAY?1821
« on: Saturday 12 June 04 18:52 BST (UK) »
Can anyone out there help me - I am a desperate woman and have hit a huge brick wall in my family research - I simply don't know how to track this man down:-

I am trying to trace the birth of JOHN HARFORD shown on the 1881 census as being aged 60 and born in Galway, Ireland.  John was a cutler and in 1881 was living in Kent with his wife Ann and some of their children.  However, my GG grandmother HONORA, daughter of John and Ann, was born 1852/3 in Southampton/Isle of Wight, so the Harford family obviously moved about a bit, mores the pity.

I know that just having a common name and a vague place of birth (why couldn't he have been called Ebeneezer or something!) isn't much to go on, but I'm hoping someone can help me.

Many thanks

Susan

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN HARFORD/GALWAY?1821
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 December 04 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Susan

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Searcher

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN HARFORD/GALWAY?1821
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 December 04 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately I have got no further in my search for John - but I do now have the marriage certificate for him and Ann CLARKE. Daughter Honora is still a complete mystery too - I have her marriage and death certificates but can't trace her birth anywhere.  I think I shall have to give up work and concentrate on this full time!!
Best wishes to all for the new year  :)