Author Topic: Info Sought Fleming, Coghlan, McGrath  (Read 3952 times)

Offline flemmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Info Sought Fleming, Coghlan, McGrath
« on: Tuesday 26 April 05 04:25 BST (UK) »
Philip Fleming born 1800 around Limerick married Hannah Coghlan in about 1830 and had six sons. Timothy 1831, Patrick 1833, Cornelius 1834, James 1835, Thomas 1841, Martin 1842.
All moved to Australia giving their home details as Murroe, Abington and Cappamore.
James married Bridget McGrath from Anacotty in Sydney Australia 1858.
Patrick married Ellen Ryan , daughter of Edmund, farmer of Tipperary, in 1863 at Parramatta Australia.
Anyone know of living relatives around Limerick.

Offline Jack49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Info Sought Fleming, Coghlan, McGrath
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 April 05 20:39 BST (UK) »
Dear Flemmo,

Thanks for your response on the Flemings.  As near as I can tell Mary Fleming was born about 1820.  Do you know of any Flemings that had daughters around that time?

On the Ryan side, William Edward Ryan was Mary Fleming's husband.  They were probably married about 1841-2.  He was born around 1800.  Their children were margaret Esther Ryan (1843 in Coppamorrow), Anna Ryan (1845 in Coppamorrow), Mary (abt 1850 in Canada), Kate (abt 1855 in Canada), Patrick (1856 in Canada) and Mathew (1859 in New York).  Margaret married Timothy Killeen from Caronaugary, Clare, Ireland, in 1863 in St. Mary's, Pennsylvania.  They moved to Tidioutge, Pennsylvania before 1870 and lived there the rest of their lives. 

Is any of this familiar to you?  Any links that you can find?  I would be interested in any other Fleming / Ryan information you may have.

Best regards,

Jack49

Offline flemmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 April 05 00:09 BST (UK) »
Dear Jack 49,
Thanks for your response. A Mary Fleming leased a cottage and garden from my great great grandfather Philip Fleming at boarmanshill near Cappamore in the 1851 Griffiths Valuation schedule.You can find this on www.leitrim-roscommon.com site.
There were only eight Fleming families in the Murroe/Cappamore area so I suspect we are related.
On the Ryan side Ellen Ryan was Edmund Ryans daughter from Tipperary, just next door. She married my great grandfather Patrick Fleming in Parramatta Australia in 1873 and they had five boys and a girl.
The limerick library search team tells me there are no Flemings in the area now but I don't know where they went.Sounds like some went to the USA.
I want to search records at Murroe and Cappamore RC church for further details.
Names of other family men include- Daniel, James, Michael, John, Edmund, Thomas and William.

Please stay in touch.
Cheers and regards.
Flemmo

Offline LCL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 January 06 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I have a family of Flemings from Murroe do any of the following names ring a bell

Martin Fleming married to Mary Redden
children
Patrick fleming born 1829 Murroe
Margaret Fleming born 1832 Murroe
Catherine Fleming born abt 1836 came to Victoria, Australia
Bridget abt 1839 Murroe
Laurence abt 1840 Murroe, came to Victoria, Australia
Michael Fleming abt 1843 Murroe
Elizabeth Fleming abt 1845 Murroe
John Fleming abt 0847 Murroe
John Patrick Fleming abt 1880 Murroe married Margaret Berkery and came to Victoria, Australia

Regards
Linda Lawless
Australia