Author Topic: John Evoy and Annie Murphy  (Read 4744 times)

Offline Angil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Evoy and Annie Murphy
« on: Friday 13 May 11 17:42 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Annie Murphy, born 1851 or 52. Her father was James Murphy, a baker. She had a brother Nicholas who I think was born in 1857. As far as I know there were other siblings. I was told she was from Ferns but can't find them. Annie and John Evoy married on 27th July 1872 in Wexford. He was from Selskar and a painter by trade.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: John Evoy and Annie Murphy
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 May 11 20:57 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Annie Murphy, born 1851 or 52. Her father was James Murphy, a baker. She had a brother Nicholas who I think was born in 1857. As far as I know there were other siblings. I was told she was from Ferns but can't find them. Annie and John Evoy married on 27th July 1872 in Wexford. He was from Selskar and a painter by trade.

What a coincidence. I only posted my query about St. Selskar's/Margaret Roche (mother of the above John Evoy) last week! I was going to post that you should take a look at that thread, but I see you already found it and have posted there.
We must be third cousins.
- Wexflyer
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Angil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 May 11 20:31 BST (UK) »
I saw your post and couldn't believe it. Have you any information on Mary Ann Evoy Margarets third child? I have John and Bridget. What was Margaret's second husband's name? I have all the Evoys back to 1845 but can't find out where John came from or who his parents were. Glad to know Margaret came from Castlebridge because I couldn't find her in the town registers. I know my grandfather had relatives in Liverpool. My grandfather James put the Mc in his name in the early 1900s. Hoping to hear more from you.  Angil

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 May 11 21:47 BST (UK) »
I saw your post and couldn't believe it. Have you any information on Mary Ann Evoy Margarets third child? I have John and Bridget. What was Margaret's second husband's name? I have all the Evoys back to 1845 but can't find out where John came from or who his parents were. Glad to know Margaret came from Castlebridge because I couldn't find her in the town registers. I know my grandfather had relatives in Liverpool. My grandfather James put the Mc in his name in the early 1900s. Hoping to hear more from you.  Angil

Hi Angil,
 As for Maryanne Evoy, my only information on her is that she was a witness at the 1868 marriage of her sister Bridget, to James Marshall, nothing else.
As for Margaret's first husband, John Evoy, all I know is that he was a tailor and lived in Trimmer's Lane, died circa 1855. I have not tried to trace his family any further back as I am not related directly.
Margaret Evoy (nee Roche) married secondly Edward Roche a shoemaker in 1862, and lived in Well Lane. They had one child, Patrick Roche, born 1863. Patrick is my great-grandfather, and can be seen in Well Lane in the 1901 and 1911 censuses.  Margaret Roche died in Well Lane on 28 January 1895, while Edward Roche died there on 5 June 1891.
Regards,
  Wexflyer

BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline shorts

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 May 11 10:48 BST (UK) »

Not sure if this is of any help but amongst my bits & bobs I have a copy of an 1888 Wexford Town baptism entry for a Nicholas Evoy, son of a John Evoy & Ann Murphy (sponsor Nicholas Murphy)
Dalton: Wexford Town/Ireland
Curran: Ballyvaloo/Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Clowery/Farrell: Wexford Town/Ireland
Flood: Enniscorthy & Wexford/Ireland
Ormand/Kirwan: Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Shortman: Bristol/Westbury-on-Trym/Manchester
Trull: Uley/Dursley/Glos
Cross: Dursley/Glos
Hazard: Bristol/Manchester

Offline Angil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 May 11 17:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks a lot for that. It is my great grandmother and great grandfather.
I would love to find out where Annie Murphy was born. Can't find her in the Wexford records.  A