Author Topic: Cruise - Tullyallen graveyard look up  (Read 6104 times)

Offline finians

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cruise - Tullyallen graveyard look up
« on: Tuesday 17 May 11 05:14 BST (UK) »
Hello.....I'm new to Rootschat and wondering if I could ask for some help in locating a grave. 

I am looking for the grave of Anne Curran nee Cruise.  Anne was born on October 27th 1854 and died in Mell, Drogheda on July 13th 1926 and is not buried with her husband John Curran in Tullyallen graveyard.  He is buried with his family so perhaps Anne is buried with her family. 

Anne's parents were Patrick Cruise and Ann Cruise nee Smyth and her brother was Thomas Cruise -April 27th 1852 to (1927 - year of death is unconfirmed).  Patrick and Ann were from Toberboice in Mell and the Currans and Thomas Cruise lived at 4 Singleton Cottages, Mell.  John and Anne Currans daughter Mary Anne (married to Laurence Martin) lived at 22 Singleton Cottages, Mell.

Does anyone have access to any of the books for Tullyallen graveyard or St.Peter's Graveyard to see if any of the names above are listed.  I would be really grateful for any help you could give me.

Thanking You,
Wendy

Curran, McVeigh, Cunningham, Sillery, Martin, Bannon, Cassidy, Cruise, Tracey, Whelan

Concentrated in the Drogheda area and in both Louth and Meath

Offline jbhall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cruise - Tullyallen graveyard look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 May 11 14:18 BST (UK) »
CURRAN: Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on the soul of John Curran, Mell who died 27th Dec 1922 aged 76 years, and his wife Anne who died 13th July 1926 also their sons James who died 19th May 1940 and Patrick 7th Oct. 1951. Erected by his loving wife and children (171)

The "171" refers to the location on a map of the cemetery. If you want a scan, please let me know.

From: Gravestone Inscriptions in Tullyallen by James Garry in Seanchas Ardmhaca Vol. 8., No. 2, 1977.

Also from: The Cord Cemetery by James Garry:
CRUISE Erected by Anne Cruise in memory of her husband Patrick Cruise who died 21st April 1882 aged 64 years. His daughter Margaret died 11th September 1870 aged 19 years. And his other daughter Mary died 5th August 1882. (896)

Also from St. Peter's Parish Cemetery, Drogheda by James Garry:

MARTIN: Erected by Mary Anne Martin, Mell, in memory of her uncle Thomas Cruise, 22nd March 1927. The above Mary Anne, 24th February 1972. Her husband, Laurence, 19th March 1972. (389)

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Brendan

(Incidentally, my g-g-grandfather Hugh Langan was living at No. 26 Singletons Cottages at the same time as the Currans. Our ancestors might have known each other!)
Louth: Hall, Kindlon, Hughes, McAuley, Cumiskey
Cavan: Langan, Reilly
Dublin: McAuley, Murphy
England & Wales: Parkhouse, Callow, Callowhill, Vinall, Huzzey, Mortimer

Offline finians

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cruise - Tullyallen graveyard look up - COMPLETED
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 09:22 BST (UK) »
Brendan...you're a darling. Thanks very much for the look ups in all of the graveyards.  Much appreciated as always.

Thanks, Wendy
Curran, McVeigh, Cunningham, Sillery, Martin, Bannon, Cassidy, Cruise, Tracey, Whelan

Concentrated in the Drogheda area and in both Louth and Meath

Offline kathleendaley60

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cruise - Tullyallen graveyard look up
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 January 12 11:31 GMT (UK) »
hi i have the burial records for st peters parish and calvary if i can help
kearsley/baker/hayward /campbell/row/woor/dutch/Daley