Author Topic: Michael Dwyer Siblings  (Read 35932 times)

Offline Raelene Mortimer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Dwyer Siblings
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 02 December 23 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Have any male descendants on Michael Dwyer line taken a Y dna test? I would like to know his halogroup.
Also Mary Doyle Mtdna.
I'm a descendant of Elizabeth Dwyer their youngest daughter. 
There is a trilogy series of books written by Gretta Curran Browne on Michael Dwyer life.
"FIRE ON THE HILL"
"TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS"
"WORLDS APART"
Michael Dwyer siblings are mentioned in the books

Offline Ada Zeeks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Digging up my ancestors....
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Dwyer Siblings
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 09 December 23 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Have any male descendants on Michael Dwyer line taken a Y dna test? I would like to know his halogroup.
Also Mary Doyle Mtdna.
I'm a descendant of Elizabeth Dwyer their youngest daughter. 
There is a trilogy series of books written by Gretta Curran Browne on Michael Dwyer life.
"FIRE ON THE HILL"
"TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS"
"WORLDS APART"
Michael Dwyer siblings are mentioned in the books

Hi Raelene
there is a Facebook group called Condon Dwyers of Australia Genealogical Project if you would like to join.  There are a few different Dwyer families, from different counties but there are some descendants of Michael Dwyer too.  There are a few very active researchers helping to break down the brick walls in our ancestry and find records to share, we would love to have there too. The y dna will only work if the descant is a Dwyer by name really because it follows the paternal line.... can't be a descendant of his daughter (is my understanding). But any descendant of Michael Dwyer who has done their dna can still compare with other peoples dna to see if there are matches.
IRELAND....
KELLY... plus Hamilton, McCormack, Dwyer, Condon, Flynn, Mahon, Keane, Quinn, Fox, Farrell, Lynch,  Moore, Hartigan, Martin....  Dwyer, Condon, Walsh, Curtin, Ryan.....
COUNTIES - Longford, Westmeath, Roscommon, Clare, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary and Cork... and probably more

ENGLAND
Johnson, Berryman, Garland, Caudwell, Sloss, Timsbury , Boddy, Dwyer, Kelly, Condon....

Convicts to Australia
Settlers and pioneers to Australia
Military History