Author Topic: Nixon and Hancock, Lincolnshire  (Read 3665 times)

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Nixon and Hancock, Lincolnshire
« on: Sunday 13 June 04 01:40 BST (UK) »
I am looking for anyone who is researching the following persons:

Hancock Family:  Thomas Hancock (b. 1800, Tetford) and wife Hannah Tyson (b. 1813, probably Fewston, WRY).  They had the following kids:  Rebecca (b. 1841 in Spilsby), Tyson, John, Edward, George, and Ann.  Thomas Hancock was a tailor.  They were living in Spilsby in the 1841 Census and the children were all born in Spilsby.  Howver, I cannot find much more about the family.  Rebecca married a William Parkinson Nixon.

Nixon Family:  William Parkison Nixon was born in 1834 in Broughton By Brigg to William Nixon and Ann Bowers.  He was a cabinet maker.  in 1881 they were living in Sculcoates, East Riding Yorkshire.  I can share information about the Nixon's.  They can be traced to 1660 in Messingham, Lincolnshire.  

Any 1851 Census or other  information on the Hancock family would be great.
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Nixon and Hancock, Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 December 04 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Found more on the Tyson family.  Hannah Tyson was bapt on July 5, 1804 in Skendleby, Lincolnshire, the daughter of Thomas Tyson and Mary Walker.  Thomas and Mary married on April 11, 1804 in Skendleby, Linc.  Thomas was a cordwainer by trade.

Hannah Tyson Hancock was a tailor with her husband Thomas Sutton Hancock.  Hannah lived until December 1884 in the same home of the Bull Yard in Spilsby, Linc.

Thomas Hancock was bapt on Feb 25, 1800 in Tetford, Linc.  He died on October 13, 1867 in Spilsby, Linc.  COD was hernia.

I have a bit more data on the Tyson and Portas lines and would love to share.
- Kristin
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive