Author Topic: Alfred Emberson [Completed]  (Read 6090 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Emberson
« Reply #18 on: Friday 03 June 11 04:11 BST (UK) »
I imagine they were trying to do something phonetic for stasia, her nickname/shortening of the forename.. and it may have been written Statia, then mistranscribed. Nowadays Stacey/Stacey is a shortening of the name which is a bit easier. ( I live in a Polish/Ukranian neighbourhood, where Anastasia is used a lot )
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 June 11 23:42 BST (UK) »
To temberson and aemberson .... a very warm welcome to RootsChat :).

temberson, if you make 2 more posts on this thread, even just to say 'Hi', you and aemberson will be able to communicate with each other through the private message (PM) system here on RootsChat to exchange contact info with each other. To do so you click on the little green scroll under the person's user name on any post. You need the 3 posts to activate the PMsystem (although it does sometimes work after 2). Please do not post personal contact info on the open public part of the board as RootsChat does not allow this in order to prevent spam and other abuses.

Also, in case you don't have it and b/c automatedgenealogy.com (free 1901 and 1911 censuses) still doesn't seem to be working (at least for me), here is a link to the 1911 Canada Census where you should find your Alfred and Anastasia with their 1st 3 children (from the Library and Archives Canada website).

http://data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/1911/pdf/e001991541.pdf

Regards
Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline temberson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 05 June 11 12:29 BST (UK) »
wow, this is incredible!

Offline aemberson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 05 June 11 14:30 BST (UK) »
Yeah. Its amazing what you get putting a couple a feelers out there.

Offline spall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 05 June 11 14:44 BST (UK) »
I will have that tenner later lol
Allison
Butler
Jackson
Gray
Ashworth
Hodkin

Offline Beth SP

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 02 May 19 01:02 BST (UK) »
Yeah. Its amazing what you get putting a couple a feelers out there.

I am doing a different kind of search for Albert Emberson.... Looking to do a genealogy of my house. Alfred Emberson is listed as the first owner I can locate in the 1913 Vernon for Hamilton. Wondering if you might be able to confirm. This, or even better, have some photos? It's a slow process to do this house history!