Author Topic: Alfred Emberson [Completed]  (Read 6092 times)

Offline spall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Emberson
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 09:41 BST (UK) »
It would be nice if Spall came back to the thread to let us know if this is the correct Albert Emberson or not.

Jacquie

Sorry, was asking this for a friend, he said that it definitely looks like him as he has the same boat records, which was the Scandinavian.   

I didnt think we would get as many posts as we have, thankyou to all.   He will reply soon as possible.

Thanks 
Allison
Butler
Jackson
Gray
Ashworth
Hodkin

Offline aemberson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 May 11 14:32 BST (UK) »
I'm the "friend" 
From what I've got on ancestry

Alfred James Emberson born: 04 Jan 1852 Regents Park London.
Parents James Emberson 1826-1885 and Sarah Lousia Cornwall 1823-1890
Married Ellen Smith  not sure of date
Children - Elizabeth, Louisa, Alfred, James and Marry Anne
So he does match a couple of your posts. Hopefully this might lead to family I have in Canada now.

Any other info or stuff would be great.

Regards

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 May 11 03:55 BST (UK) »
Married Ellen Smith  not sure of date

His marriage is the one I listed above. His parents match what you listed and the registration says that Ellen Mills' parents were Thomas Smith and Margaret Mills.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 May 11 04:53 BST (UK) »
There's a marriage for a Mary Ann Emberson in Hamilton to Thos Chas Wilson on 11 Jan 1900. Mary Ann is listed as being 19, born in Hamilton and the daughter of Alfred Emberson. Problem is her mother is listed as Martha Barrett. It's possible there was a mistake by the registrar though as the witness listed on the same line was also named Martha Barrett.

Possible census entry for 1871 - there's an Albert Emberson, 20, born England, man servant in Dundas, Wentworth County.

James Emberson birth  May 0, 1877 —Hamilton, Wentworth, Ont
Parents: Alfred Emberson & Ellen Smith

JJ meant May 10, not May 0 by the way.  ;)

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford

Online J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 May 11 16:34 BST (UK) »
Yeah Valerie had listed the birth of Mary Anne earlier...that's where I saw the "Fitzgerald" surname for Ellen...She also was Fitzgibbons on Alfred's birth, but used Smith for reg. of James birth  ( you know...on May 0  ;D ) so she must have been married before? 

aemberson...welcome to rootschat. So are you saying you want information from BEFORE they came to Canada then? Not totally clear, there, as "other info or stuff" is rather vague as to what is known and what isn't.  J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Online J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 May 11 02:44 BST (UK) »
*nevermind   :P

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline aemberson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 30 May 11 15:58 BST (UK) »
Yeah Valerie had listed the birth of Mary Anne earlier...that's where I saw the "Fitzgerald" surname for Ellen...She also was Fitzgibbons on Alfred's birth, but used Smith for reg. of James birth  ( you know...on May 0  ;D ) so she must have been married before? 

aemberson...welcome to rootschat. So are you saying you want information from BEFORE they came to Canada then? Not totally clear, there, as "other info or stuff" is rather vague as to what is known and what isn't.  J.J.

Apologies. What I meant to say I was trying to find a bit more about the canadian side of the family. Are their Embersons in Canada still etc..

Thanks for all you're replies

Offline temberson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 02 June 11 01:14 BST (UK) »
My Father is an Alfred T Emberson as was his father and his grandfather. The folks that have been mentioned to him here are a bit confusing as his grandfather was married to an Anastasia. He and his family are also all from Hamilton Ontario. Still many of us Emberson's here in Ontario.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 03 June 11 04:01 BST (UK) »
My Father is an Alfred T Emberson as was his father and his grandfather. The folks that have been mentioned to him here are a bit confusing as his grandfather was married to an Anastasia. He and his family are also all from Hamilton Ontario. Still many of us Emberson's here in Ontario.

From the family trees I've seen posted, Alfred Emberson, son of Alfred and Ellen Emberson, was married to Anastasia Kavanaugh. There are a couple of births listed in this thread for children of the Emberson/Kavanaugh union however the transcriptions from the LDS site had her given name mistranscribed. This might clarify things... there is a birth at the LDS site for Anastasia Cecilia Emberson born 22 Mar 1912 in Hamilton to Alfred Emberson and Mary Anastasia Kavanagh.

Hope that helps with your confusion.

Jacquie