Author Topic: Trying to find  (Read 1293 times)

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Trying to find
« on: Saturday 21 May 11 08:24 BST (UK) »
Trying to find where Ruth Townhill was born also her parents I have her on the census years as born 1804 Stainton Lincs could that be Stainton Le Vale? she was married in Rothwell Lincs in 1822 to William Wilkinson.Her first child was born in Cabourne Lincs.
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 May 11 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue :)

Sorry, I can't answer your question :(  except to say there were no suitable baptisms at Stainton le Vale at that time.

Interesting that the IGI has an extracted record of the marriage said to be at Searby cum Owmby ??? when as you say it took place at Rothwell http://www.lincstothepast.com/Records/RecordDisplayTranscript.aspx?oid=513146&iid=317871 (left middle)

Oddly, there were no witness signatures  :-\
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 May 11 16:16 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Geoff, I was hoping you would come up with her parents you have in the past solved my problems, never minf I can t win them all...
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 May 11 16:18 BST (UK) »
I cant seem to get on with that new web site, it dosnt seem to be very friendly if I put Caistor and then something else all I get is Lincolnshire life info...........

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 May 11 16:38 BST (UK) »
I cant seem to get on with that new web site, it dosnt seem to be very friendly if I put Caistor and then something else all I get is Lincolnshire life info...........

With a "busy" place like Caistor, you are probably OK to put a year in ...

e.g. Caistor Baptisms 1827 ... then click "Images".  You can then move from page to page, (almost) like turning the pages of a book. :)
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.