Author Topic: Wierdy Wierdy!!!  (Read 728 times)

Offline DeComyn

• RootsChat Member
  • The elusive Amy Bowen
    • View Profile
Wierdy Wierdy!!!
« on: Tuesday 26 April 05 20:41 BST (UK) »
Last night, just thought I'd check on ancestry to see if the image was available yet for someone I am looking up for a friend.However, the image from Surrey 1901 was still playing up.As I had noticed someone asking for help in the common room, I thought I would give it a go. I looked for a person for them in 1891, clicked on the first one that I though looked likely, in Staffordshire, and realised that I recognised the street name. I scrolled down the page and there was the chap I'd earlier tried to look at in 1901, before he had joined the army and gone down south :o What are the odds of that happening?!!!

Obviously that was a hefty kick for me to get my act together by unseen persons ;D. Has anyone else had similar things happen?
Morgan/ -Hereford, Gloucester, Pontypridd
Bowen/ Bibby/Wright - Hereford
Whitney - Hereford, Staffs, Notts
Lockett/ Price  - Kington Hereford
Bradshaw, Chell, Goodwin - Stoke on Trent
Henk, Toft - Stoke on Trent

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
Re: Wierdy Wierdy!!!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 April 05 21:00 BST (UK) »
Only a week or so ago I was looking for someone in Wigan for another Rootschatter, and came across one of my ancestors in the Workhouse there.  I would never have looked there for her in a million years.  Spooky or what.

It makes you wonder if someone is giving you a push in the right direction when you start to give up hope.

Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wierdy Wierdy!!!
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 April 05 04:18 BST (UK) »
Have you also noticed that when youv'e just about 'collopsed' onto the keyboard,after sifting through trillions of duff sites,something comes up like a kick in the tail to keep you going for "just another hour!!!"
                Cheers,Goggy