Author Topic: Baughs in Dawley area  (Read 3558 times)

Offline hillwalkersue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hillwalkersue
    • View Profile
Re: Baughs in Dawley area
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 13:42 BST (UK) »
Check out the parish registers for St Leonard's, Malinslee - the Baughs were using that church in the 1800's. It was the likely parish church for the Dark Lane area.

Sue
Chetwood, Beard, Hornblower, Gwynn, Follows, Stilgo, Shenton, Stride, Gorton, Frodsham, Harrison,  Seagrief

Offline rachel22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 15:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that pointer.  I had a look on IGI but Malinslee is not there unfortunately, the only one relevant is Dawley Magna.  There are alot of Baughs but not mine! 

My John Ellis Baugh was born in Dark Lane 1848 to parents Richard Baugh (d 1849) and Sarah Smart m 1844 Richard's father was a William Baugh and his mother probably was Elizabeth b High Ercall (1802) if my detective work in census returns is correct.  I would love to trace their marriage but have been unable to do so.  I dont think it would be registered as Malinslee as Malinslee wasn't registered as a separate chapel until 1843 although it was built in 1805, but you never know!

Thanks anyone all of you for your thoughts and ideas on the Baughs.
Baugh Shropshire
Featherstone & Gould Derbyshire
Meade Liverpool
Towle & Lowe Nottingham
Woodward & Mellor Belper area & Nottingham
Kent Risley & Nottingham
Collings Nottingham & Suffolk
Butcher Suffolk

Offline Tea Time

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 July 11 11:52 BST (UK) »
Rachel, I've got a William Baugh b. 1816 in my lot. Could this one be of interest to you? There are two different Beriah Baughs as well.

Offline rachel22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 25 July 11 13:02 BST (UK) »
Theres probably a connection I expect as I have a Beriah Baugh on my tree also.  B abt 1830 younger brother of Richard.  I have a William Baugh but he is b abt 1829.  I dont know the connection though. 

When were your Beriahs born and who were their parents?  I would be interested to know.  I have found other Beriah Baughs on the census returns but so far unable to connect up.  Theres another Richard and Sarah which look the same as mine but are not, and they have a young son Beriah. 

Its a problem when they died young and therefore missed being on the census returns, at at least the later ones.  You then get left with gaps you cant fill very easily.
Baugh Shropshire
Meade Liverpool
Towle & Lowe Nottingham
Kent Risley & Nottingham
Butcher Suffolk

Offline Tea Time

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 25 July 11 13:15 BST (UK) »
I have a Beriah born in Dawley in 1827 that married a Sarah Ann Bailey. His father was also Beriah, b. 1794, again in Dawley. His mother was a Barbara ? b.1773. Her father was Richard Baugh, b.1743, who married an Ann Teece. Richards father was William, b. c.1698, but as yet unconfirmed.

Any help?

Offline rachel22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 25 July 11 13:56 BST (UK) »
They are not part of my immediate tree, I have seen these on the Stemmata Botevilliana, which has a Baugh ancestry in it.  Have you seen this?  I suspect you may have as it is the best source I know of Baugh parish records at this time and has your names in it.  This was compiled or started or something by a Beriah Botfield in times gone by.

Thanks anyway.
Rachel
Baugh Shropshire
Meade Liverpool
Towle & Lowe Nottingham
Kent Risley & Nottingham
Butcher Suffolk