Author Topic: Johnston and Corscadden families  (Read 4162 times)

Offline angelc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Johnston and Corscadden families
« on: Saturday 21 May 11 16:29 BST (UK) »
My great, great grandfather JAMES JOHNSTON born 24 Sept 1854 was the son of Stephen Johnston and Catherine Corscadden. On his church baptism record the address is West Barrs  and the Parish/District = Cloonclare Church of Ireland.
Stephen Johnston of Drumbulbin married Catherine Corscadden of Manorhamilton on 18th sept 1845 at Cloonclare Church of Ireland. Stephen's father was George Johnston and Catherine's father was William Corscadden.
Stephen and Catherine also have two daughters born in Leitrim, Mary Jane b1852 and Catherine b 1859. Their next daughter Sarah Ann is born in Glasgow in 1864 but as the family do not appear in the Scottish 1861 census I feel they must have left Ireland between 1861 and 1864.
On Stephen Johnston's death certificate in Glasgow in 1870 his parents are George Johnston (farmer) and Letitia Johnston.
Catherine remarries after Stephen's death and her parents are shown as William Corscadden (farmer) and Elizabeth Hetherington.
Is there any way I can find out more about both Stephen and Catherine's parents? I have been unable to find either of their marriage dates. Thanks.