Author Topic: Children of Caroline Briggs b1857 Thorney  (Read 3023 times)

Offline yuck31

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Children of Caroline Briggs b1857 Thorney
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 February 12 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thank you so much for that information.  I had "googled" Stella's name a while ago and had found she was in a retirement home in Peterborough.  I wrote to the home, but had been ignored. 

It is good to know she was was well thought of by her pupils.  I wish I had tried to find her a few years ago...

Do you know by any chance if she had a brother?  I seem to recollect she did, but I can find no birth records.

Cheers,

Ralph

Offline Susiswim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 February 12 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Asked mum, she doesn,t think so.  She retired in 1985, kept that info. For possible obituary suggest get in touch with Thorney Post or Margaret Fletcher of Thorney Society believe she knew her well.

She taught me and as any of her pupils will tell you had a habit of pulling your ear!!!!

I can also remember her house it was a Duke of Bedford cottage on Wisbech Road.

Offline yuck31

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 February 12 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Thanks much for the information.  As I am overseas, might you be able to supply any contact information (email?) for the two leads you suggested?

Cheers,

Ralph

Offline Susiswim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 February 12 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Google Thorney Society their is a small museum there.  A large number of family histories were completed by a past curator of th museum,  in family list Bacon and Briggs appear. 

On Web site of museum it will give instructions on how to get copy, they do ask for donation as museum is run by volunteers and relies on income from members museum visitors sale of books and family history enquiries.