Author Topic: Up For A Challenge?  (Read 3849 times)

Offline Lisaw

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Up For A Challenge?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

What I thought was "Charlotte" is most likely Chambly in Quebec. This is the birth record I found & is the same family as the tree I told you about earlier.

Lisa

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 19:24 BST (UK) »
The LDS site has a few Massachusetts databases. I found a marriage for Rosanna De Marias to Joseph Myers. There is an image as well. Rosanna was born in Huntington, MA and her parents are listed as Anthony and Lucy ?. Here's a link to the entry:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/recordDetails/show?uri=https://api.familysearch.org/records/pal:/MM9.1.r/M6JM-GLQ/p8

You should be able to find a lot of other information about the family at the LDS site:
https://www.familysearch.org/

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 19:33 BST (UK) »
In the Massachusetts Births database at  https://www.familysearch.org/ there is a record for a Maria Rosanna Desmarais b. 03 Jan 1874 in Ware to parents Antoine (o in index but c/b the writing) and Lucie. Image is available and gives a bit more info.

Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline R. Joshua Myers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 19:37 BST (UK) »
Lisa, What do you mean my public tree is on a major genealogical site? R. Joshua Myers? The Myers Family? Antoine Desmarais? What site? It's no secret, but who could have posted it? I don't understand.  Josh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 19:39 BST (UK) »
Edited to remove likely incorrect information.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford

Offline Lisaw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 19:45 BST (UK) »
Marie Luce Tetreau is the mothers name

Lisa

Offline Lisaw

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 20:03 BST (UK) »
Joshua:

Look at your private messages, I've sent you a couple.

Lisa

Offline R. Joshua Myers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 20:07 BST (UK) »
Jacquie, You found the marriage of Joseph Myers and Roseanna Desmarais, for sure, but the rest of your finds don't look right. It looks as if there's an Aintoine Desmarais clan in Massachusetts and another in Rhode Island, and my family is the Massachusetts family. Would everybody agree with that? Lisa, His mother could be Chambly. Why? Her Antoine is nearly the right age. RI Antoine is a younger man, isn't he? If I get mixed up, somebody point it out to me. I have no name for her. Chambly will be as good as any other name for the time being, anyway.  Josh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 20:13 BST (UK) »
Jacquie, You found the marriage of Joseph Myers and Roseanna Desmarais, for sure, but the rest of your finds don't look right. It looks as if there's an Aintoine Desmarais clan in Massachusetts and another in Rhode Island, and my family is the Massachusetts family. Would everybody agree with that? Lisa, His mother could be Chambly. Why? Her Antoine is nearly the right age. RI Antoine is a younger man, isn't he? If I get mixed up, somebody point it out to me. I have no name for her. Chambly will be as good as any other name for the time being, anyway.  Josh

Sorry about that - I was distracted when I was posting. I've removed the Rhode Island information to make sure there's no confusion. Back to the drawing board.

Jacquie