Author Topic: Help please  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 17:34 BST (UK) »
 ;D

I did look in UK first and then wondered about a Canadian marriage.

I'm lucky that I have quite a few of mine in the Toronto area so have access to the records and know my way around them - it took me a while to work mine all out mind!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 17:38 BST (UK) »
The 1935 passenger record image indicates that William and Ethel have been in Canada from 1910 to Oct 1934 so it looks like they travelled to England for a nice long visit. Douglas is age 9. They are returning Canadians travelling to a Toronto address of 11 Redpath Ave.

Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline joannecarter

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 09:03 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thank you for all of you that have helped me with this search, i have looked at the link for the Canada census but i could nt see the "split view" anywhere on screen and kept getting error cant access at this time when i clicked on other headings, will have another go later.
Thank you again
Joanne
Researching: Carters in Yorkshire
 Drabwells and Softly in St Pancras, Camden,
Collins, Reynolds, Haswell, Jackson, Harston

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

It seems that the Canada census website has been 'acting up' today for some reason ... it's not working for me either at the moment. Do try again later. The province you are looking for is Ontario. The 'split screen' can be found in the upper left corner of the transcribed page that has the basic names and birthdates of the people living in each area.

Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline joannecarter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 15:47 BST (UK) »
thank you polarbear, will try again tomorrow  :)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 May 11 15:46 BST (UK) »
Well, it appears that the census website is still not working. Here are the basics from the Anc **** y website (I don't think we allowed to post images here?). When you get to see the original you will get more info.

BTW, you might check if your local public library or FH Center subscribes to Ancestry Library Edition. This would give you access to the original images of the marriage record and Mabel's birth record as well as the census and passenger lists. Birth records are protected by privacy laws for 100 years so you won't find records for other children in the index for a while yet. However, the I believe that the 1921 Canada Census is due to be released in early 2013 so that should provide additional info, although it looks like Douglas will be too young to be on it.

1911 Canada Census Ontario York South Sub-District 22 North Toronto

William F Wilby 24 b. England Aug 1887 Immigrated 1910 Carpenter
Ethel M Wilby 22 b. England Feb 1889 Immigrated 1910

I can't read the address. The census w/h been taken prior to Mabel's birth.

Polarbear

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 May 11 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi polarbear

Not to worry,  as I sent Joanne a copy of the relevant census page yesterday morning along with the other certs.

I think she's looking for a daughter Marjorie - I found one on an Ancestry tree, born circa 1913 and died 27 Jan 2007, Bancroft, Ont.  Married a George William Hall (died 1979).  Would there be any obits or burial records for them?

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 May 11 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

I have just taken look on the Library and Archives website where you can also access the census page by page. I had better today using the parameters from An***Y than I had with another search yesterday so here is your census image ....

http://data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/1911/pdf/e002038747.pdf

You can enlarge it at the top.

Polarbear

Edited: Hi gnu .... looks like we crossed posts somehow.

Offline joannecarter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 May 11 16:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Polar Bear and GNU,

Sorry polarbear i didnt realise it was the same document as gnu sent me yesterday, thank you for help.
Yes i am looking for Majorie but i think she is a dead end route, thank you for trying
Joanne