Author Topic: BYRNE and McKiernan of Templeport  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Detblood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BYRNE and McKiernan of Templeport
« on: Wednesday 27 April 05 09:54 BST (UK) »
BYRNE AND MCKIERNAN INFORMATION

From a copy of the Marriage certificate of Co. Cavan in the Parish of Temple port on 22 November 1865 John BYRNE age 23 a farmer living in Templeport married an Ellen McKiernan age 20 spinster also of Templeport. John's father was a Francis Byrne also a farmer and Ellen dad was a Hugh McKiernan also a farmer.  Married by a Terrance Wagawrah (?) marked CC
 In the presence of Peter DEVINE and a Catherine BANNON.

This information and the following was the result of me contacting the Co. County Genealogical Research Center back in 1998. According to letter Ellen's address was given as Killimority which they stated refers to Killymoriarty townland in the parish of Templeport,

The children:   Francis Berne, born 12th May 1867 sponsor: Michael Berne and Mary Berne
             Catherine Byrne, born 16th November 1868..sponsor Francis Byrne and Margaret Reilly.
      Michael Byrne, born 1st October 1870...sponsor Francis Berne and Mary Plunket.
   Mary Berne , born 7th November 1872...sponsor Hugh Reilly and Mary Reilly.
    Peter Byrne, born 6th November 1875...sponsor Dan Prior and Margaret Prior               Margaret Byrne, born 27th April 1879...sponsor Pat Reilly and Anne Prior
                     John James Byrne, born 16th April 1881...sponsor Michael Byrne and Rose Baxter.
           Thomas Bernard Byrne, born 27th May 1883 ...sponsor Francis Byrne and Mary Byrne.

All are born in Cronary

The only one missing is a Ellen listed in the Phila paperwork, the census. The ages vary for the family in the census and records over here . But I  also know the information is only as good as the informant....The names all Match and so the order of BIRTH . That is why I do not doubt they are the same family.

Information in the family also stated that the older Frank or Francis went on to Chicago , was married to a PRIOR, and was killed in Chicago by a car circa 1910 to 1915...His children were brought back to Philly to live here.

Do you know of any ties to Philly on your end?

Later     gene Blood in Philly
Ruddington: Blood, Branson, Spittlehouse, Alvey, Marshall, Henson