Author Topic: Ann Sutherland born about 1846  (Read 2881 times)

Offline rebareba15

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Sutherland born about 1846
« on: Tuesday 24 May 11 20:56 BST (UK) »
Looking for Ann Sutherland born around 1846 in Dalchalm/helmsdale/lairg Sutherland Scotland; and her parents William Sutherland (doctor of medicine- deceased at time of Ann's marriage) and Jane Sutherland (maiden surname Sutherland) Ann married John G A McGrath in 1873 Glasgow, Scotland.  Her death Jan 20, 1914 in Vancouver, BC Canada.  Death certificate, however, says her father was JNO Sutherland.  Found Ann on the 1871 Scotland Census in Glasgow with William and Janet Sutherland.   Ann was a visitor.  Her address being 20 St. James Street which is the same address on her marriage certificate to John GA McGrath.  I did find a William and Janet Sutherland on the 1881 Census.  I doubt these are her parents because her father William was deceased by 1873. Any help out there.  Would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Susan
OOP's  Just noticed that the counties were from 1851 to 1901 - Maybe a 1951 Census with Ann Sutherland and her parents William and Jane Sutherland could be found.  Thanks