Author Topic: welsh  (Read 3495 times)

Offline annhur50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
welsh
« on: Wednesday 25 May 11 18:39 BST (UK) »
looking for any information on gr.grandmothers  margaret welsh  birth records margaret was born 1862 in clare but dot know what part
margaret,s father was edmund welsh  she was married at st.josephs r.c church leigh lancashire england 1882 to thomas waldron he was born in galway 1856  or there abouts
thomas,s father was john waldron ,dont know there mothers names .
been on clare heritage site .but not got me any were realiy
would be ever so greatful for help from anyone who knows the area
thank you all the best

Offline margaretspearin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gerald Mangan Davis son of Margaret and Oren Davis
    • View Profile
Re: welsh
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 July 11 01:06 BST (UK) »
have you tried Sallybank, which I think is in the parish of Clonlara ( Kiltenanlea ).. I am pretty sure that this is probably where your Welsh came from as there has been Edmonds in that family for generations. Do you have any more info on his family? I am not related....

Margaret
Spearin - Mangan- Considine- O'Brien- Maschmann- O'Reilly - Corry - Hackett - Naughton  Davis - and many more

Offline annhur50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 August 11 13:19 BST (UK) »
hello margaret  im sorry i havent replied sooner ,but i dont have any more imformation on my gr.grandmothers history this is all i haveall i know is she was born in county clare and my greatgrand father was born in galway .
how ever i will look up sallybank and see what i find
thank you for help
best wishes ann 

Offline teresam60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 August 11 20:20 BST (UK) »

Hello ,just to let you know there is an Edmond walsh in sallybank, i am sure the townsland is truagh try that ,there are different ways to spell the name, The name was popular in west clare,near milltown malbay in a place called mullagh,Quilty would be another parish to check ,the name Walsh would be there as well ,best of luck with your search