Author Topic: Where is Margaret Cunningham  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Marilyn_Warburt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where is Margaret Cunningham
« on: Saturday 28 May 11 03:21 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find a Margaret Cunningham and husband Henry a gardener in the 1871 Census...last found in 1861 Roxburgh Census  and 1851 Wigtown, the latter she  living with her mother Hellen Kirk and husband Henry.
In 1861 she was 66 so may have died. I wonder if some kind person would be able to search for her and Henry
Many thanks I am just new to this so apologies if I am asking too much

Marilyn in NZ

Offline barbara13511

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Margaret Cunningham
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 May 11 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have had a quick look on Scotlandspeople.gov.uk but there are no clear Margarets with other name Kirk showing up on the death records.  And I can't find them on the census either.  Think you have to go on Scotlandspeople and try and discount all the Henrys and Margarets dying by using the census and hopefully you will be left with possible candidates for yours.  That is if they didn't go to Ireland where Henry was born or over the border into England?
Barbara

Offline Marilyn_Warburt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 May 11 06:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara..thank you for searching, I do appreciate it and I will try what you sugest. Unfortunately I have just run out of credits on SP but I will find them eventually I'm sure. thank you again !

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 May 11 11:34 BST (UK) »
Hello - 1855 to 2000 there are only 13 Cunninghams - other surname Kirk who die in Scotland.  There are only 4 Margarets.  None yours due to age.  (I take it that Margarets maiden name was Kirk?)

Regards,   Steve  :)

Offline Marilyn_Warburt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 May 11 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Steve

Thank you for the search, very kind of you and yes her maiden name was Kirkand she was born about 1799.
husband Henry was a little bit younger...they may have gone back to Ireland but thats a long shot really having lived in the Wigtown Roxburgh areas for over 20 years..but you never know. Its one of those brick walls I suppose

Thanks again Steve much appreciated !

regards
Marilyn

Offline Marilyn_Warburt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 May 11 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Steve

Thank you for the search, very kind of you and yes her maiden name was Kirkand she was born about 1799.
husband Henry was a little bit younger...they may have gone back to Ireland but thats a long shot really having lived in the Wigtown Roxburgh areas for over 20 years..but you never know. Its one of those brick walls I suppose

Thanks again Steve much appreciated !

regards
Marilyn :) :)