Author Topic: Adoptee. Links to Fermanagh. Advice/possible help needed.  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Lancashire1954

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Adoptee. Links to Fermanagh. Advice/possible help needed.
« on: Wednesday 01 June 11 15:30 BST (UK) »
Im posting for advice really. Trying to search birth parents... Both parents were originally from the Fermanagh Area, The mother moved to Liverpool, where the adoption took place.
It appears that Irish records are a little more complicated than the ones in England.... this is bringing me to alot of Brick Walls.

If anyone can offer advice, or links to possible sites that could help i would be grateful for a reply.

Have quite alot of details regrading the birth parents, so if anyone thinks they can assist in any way to locating them this would also be a big help.

(As the two parents are still living, its probably more appropriate to discuss details in a private message, rather than here on the forum)

Thankyou :)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adoptee. Links to Fermanagh. Advice/possible help needed.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 June 11 16:18 BST (UK) »
I've traced the birth parents/mothers for several adopted people (born 1940s and 1950s) but in each case the adoptee knew the name of the birth mother al;though not the reason for their adoption. However, it was more a matter of local knowledge, knowing who was connected to the family and which person to ask for recent contact details to pass along to the adoptee.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Lancashire1954

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adoptee. Links to Fermanagh. Advice/possible help needed.
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 June 11 18:06 BST (UK) »
I have the name of both parents,dates of birth, last known addresses etc. But your right, no reason for adoption. Hit a brick wall at tracing them, mainly because theres lack of records for a recent address because they only go up to 1911. Same with phone books, no joy there....

Stuck at what avenue to take next... :l