Author Topic: Southbourough Cemetery, Victoria Road,  (Read 6610 times)

Offline wek

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Southbourough Cemetery, Victoria Road,
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 June 11 13:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your help.  I have some credits so can retrieve copies fo Beatrice Seale's death information.
I am still stumped as to how to locate anything on Elsie.  I've contacted the actual cemetery and they do all their reserach by deceased on line. One would think there has to be some record of a person's death in 1955.
wendy

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 June 11 18:33 BST (UK) »
I think the key to this is to find out what name her death was registered under. ???
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wek

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 June 11 23:34 BST (UK) »
Exactly. But I need to know who she married, if she re-married, and if and where it is documented. There is no record (or indication from the family) that there ever was a divorce from Alexander. Perhaps family stories are correct that she was a bigamist, but it still doesn't answer very many questions.  I am still stumped!

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 04 June 11 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

There are no Elise L death registrations in 1955 for someone born within five years of 1883 and no Elise death registrations in the surname Ligate or Baker. There are 12 Elsie L death registrations none of them in the surname Ligate or Baker. No Elsie Ligate death registrations. Only one for an Elsie Baker in Dorset (with such a common surname as Baker it is only surprising there is one).
She may of course not had her death registered in either England or Wales but if she did it was probably not in either Baker or Ligate.

There doesn't appear to be a marriage in the surname Ligate or Seal(e).

If she didn't cut contact with her parents and either left a will it maybe possible to find her through that source.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/courts-and-tribunals/courts/probate/index.htm

There doesn't seem any reason to believe she would be buried with her parents?
Unless she actually registered their deaths she wouldn't appear on their death certificates and unless she was the one to purchase their grave plots (if they are both buried in a private plot) then there would be no documentation that would tie her to their burials.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wek

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 04 June 11 13:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you for continued help and insight.
I did find that about a year ago I had checked on ancestry.com (I no longer have a subscription) and under ELise Lillan Seale it has her birht ~1899, Residence in 1901 as Southbourough, Kent, and death in Tunbridge Well, on 3 April 1955 at the age of 56.

I have one relative who has thrown out several names including Baker, Thompson and Brown.  This relative also suggested Elsie may have gone to Egypt and/or Malta.  No idea how I would check those out.

I don't know when she returned to the UK as I don't know what name she listed herself under.  I only heard from, again, relatives that she is buried in an unmarked grave by her parents. 

she did send letters to her children (again according to a relative) but this relative either won't share the information and/or says it has all been destroyed.

lots of questions and very few answers.
wendy

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 04 June 11 15:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

There are no deaths registered in Tonbridge registration district (which would include Tunbridge Wells and Southborough) in 1955 of an Elsie or an Elise - there are three Elsie's all with a second initial - none of them are L.

There are two Elsie L's within a five year search of 1955, one in 1950 (aged 61) and one in 1960 (aged 67). No Elises.

Her birth registration (not the earlier one spelt Seal)

Births Jun 1900   
Seale  Lilian Elsie     Tunbridge  2a 762

married as Elsie L Seale

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 05 June 11 17:56 BST (UK) »
There is a wealth of information on this site for researching people in Malta but not much of it is recent enough.

http://website.lineone.net/~stephaniebidmead/index.htm
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk