Author Topic: Michael Sheen - Coming Home BBC Wales  (Read 1471 times)

Offline DebbieDee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hepzibah Annie Burge 1887-1969
    • View Profile
Michael Sheen - Coming Home BBC Wales
« on: Saturday 04 June 11 21:06 BST (UK) »
If anyone has access to BBC Wales (Think it's Sky Channel 972) this programme is being repeated tomorrow (Sunday 5th) at 6.30pm.

I will admit to a personal link with this episode.  The "baddie" of the story is my great great grandfather Aneurin Rees  :o.  Won't say any more, so as not to spoil it for anyone who does want to watch it  ;).

Debbie

Offline Grothenwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Love Endures Delay
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Sheen - Coming Home BBC Wales
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 14:04 BST (UK) »
Sorry I missed your post, and therefore the programme. It looked like it would have been very interesting. Not even available on iplayer :(

Aberdeenshire; Brechin, Robb, Clark, Hardie, Johnston, Watt, Elmslie, Milne, Harper, Adam, Edmond, Laing, Gibson, Aedie, Jameson, Argo & Doverty.
Booth, Watson, Grothenwell, Ewen, Mackie, Simpson, Piper, Taylor, Davidson, Willox, Chalmers & Gordon
Still, Fraser, Robertson, Burnet & Lumsden
Banffshire; Cruickshank, Bennet, Broug, Allen, West & Lyal
Caithness; Sutherland
Herefordshire, Worcester, Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire; Wagstaff, Jones, Turner, Wiggett, Hannes

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 July 11 19:07 BST (UK) »
The programme makers seem to be taking a very harsh line on how their programmes are shown. They used to be available on the BBC iplayer and episodes were previously available on You Tube. Now you can't view them on either. I don't know why they are so keen to reduce the audience for these programmes by only putting the new shows on BBC Wales. Most people in the UK don't realise it's on TV and available to them via satellite/cable. They're also denying people of Welsh ancestry around the world from watching the shows on You Tube.

C

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 July 11 20:55 BST (UK) »
BBC Wales seems to have produced a few history programmes likely to appeal to those of us with an interest in the subject as well as those who normally watch just soaps.
The first series of "Coal House" was very good. The 2nd series much less so, with the participants only "living in the past" for 3 weeks rather than 6. The follow-up series based on the slate industry in Snowdonia brought the quality back.
A programme following various places in Wales in which CADW have an interest was excellent.

Because I live many miles from a terrestrial BBC Wales transmitter, all these I have discovered only be regular trawling of the iPlayer website. When I find a nugget, I too am regularly disappointed to find that the "Series Catch-up" promised in the summary has been removed when I get to the detail page for what inevitably turns out to be the last programme in the series.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.