Author Topic: Barrett of Phillidelphia  (Read 11346 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Barrett of Phillidelphia
« Reply #99 on: Thursday 11 February 21 20:16 GMT (UK) »
It would have been good to have come across a reference to where Leonard was born in Ireland, you do really need that info going back that far.  You have made a lot of progress so that is a bonus.  :)
Also nice to put faces to names with the photographs of the Barrett's

Good luck Barry.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline SBDJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Thursday 11 February 21 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you ma'am, you really have been amazingly helpful.

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Sunday 11 July 21 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Sandra, you along with others in this group have gone to a lot of trouble, more than a lot, to thread together the bits and pieces I offered.  The lady who brought me here asking question has died aged 95, her mother was Ellen Rose Carr the daughter of Fredrica (her spelling of her name) and she was the daughter of Leonard Barrett.  Angela was so pleased the story passed down was fact so thank you all for helping me to achieve that for her.  Fredrica's story to her telling of her "Uncle Joe Foster" a gambler being killed in a gunfight was true, Ida Ellen Ruttledge was Joe Fosters wife, she remained in San Antonio until her death in 1918?

1918 is when Angela's mother Ellen Rose visited the US to see family in Philadelphia with her mother Fredrica, that's when they were given several items, Joe Foster's silver ring and a silver name plate.   Recently Angela's son gave me a few photo's to copy and share on Ancestry.co, he found them among his mothers things, they show Leonard Barrett's first daughter by his first wife Georgina Catherine Rutledge, the daughter was called Mariguita Georgina, but from the detail on the back of the photo it looks like she was Quita to her family. A second photo is Fredrica Jane taken on the same day 9th August 1865 at "Grooms Photograph Gallery, Philadelphia. A third photo is Fredrica's mother, Leonards second wife, Frederica Alicia Rutledge taken in 1896 in Atlantic City, the detail on the back says Alicia Rutledge so it was obviously the name she used.

I think I've achieved all I can with this family, the majority of decedents are obviously in the US, but as I found with my own family, some in the US had no idea there were other branches of the family in other states.  take care Fred