Author Topic: St Peter's Dalbeth Cemetery  (Read 10958 times)

Offline dadumc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Peter's Dalbeth Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 October 19 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the speedy reply.  I'll contact them right away.  I'll let you know if they reply.
McKean/McKen
Sweeney/Sweeney
McCulloch
McComell

Offline dadumc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 November 19 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Within 24 hours the Archives responded along with a photo of the lot.  Thank you for supplying the contact info!
McKean/McKen
Sweeney/Sweeney
McCulloch
McComell

Offline FMFRANKO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 November 19 00:19 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know where I can find a layout map of the cemetery. My grandmother, Hannah McClure is buried in Lair 764, Section 17. I believe my uncle John McClure ,and aunt, Annie McClure are also buried here, but, can find no trace of either. It was many years ago ,as a teenager when was last there. Intend to go soon, so, that map would be invaluable

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 November 19 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know where I can find a layout map of the cemetery. My grandmother, Hannah McClure is buried in Lair 764, Section 17. I believe my uncle John McClure ,and aunt, Annie McClure are also buried here, but, can find no trace of either. It was many years ago ,as a teenager when was last there. Intend to go soon, so, that map would be invaluable
You wont need a map as section's are well posted and easy to see the only difficulty you have is finding the lair but if you start with a war grave in your section or if lucky any other with a number at the base of the headstone and work out your direction you should find your Lair if like me you find there is no headstone then a wee bit of maths and you will work it out, there is most times workers near by to assist, Section 17 is in the older St Peters Dalbeth so enter by the 2nd entrance both entrances are very close (if you are arriving by car) and you should be on the lower road when you get to the maintenance huts or office then bear right and follow the road round a s shape and section 16 and 17 are starting there hope this is of help and here is map just to verify.
Henderson
Crawford

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 November 19 13:39 GMT (UK) »
FMFRANKO I was at the St Peters Dalbeth cemetery today and took a look for your granny's grave and if your Section and Lair numbers are correct then it looks as though there is no headstone and you will need help in getting the correct location to be sure from the groundsman as there is quite a gap from one numbered section 17:721 and 17:783 I took a couple of pictures for you and paint shopped markers on one to show but please dont just take my word for it still visit and make sure that you have the correct Lair numbers good luck. H
Henderson
Crawford

Offline John JFK Kenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
St Peter's Cemetery Dalbeth
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 23 November 19 14:44 GMT (UK) »
I'm planning a trip to Glasgow, my Birth place, over the New Year period and I would like to visit my Grandparents' grave in Dalbeth Cemetery. As I Haven't been there in such a very long time I can only vaguely remember a rough area where the gravesite is. Is there any assistance I could have in establishing what the plot number is, please?

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Peter's Cemetery Dalbeth
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 23 November 19 15:50 GMT (UK) »
There was a post on here 18 November about this cemetery and some one put a map on ..If you go on to Forum at the top of the board and scroll down to Scotland click on Lanarkshire and you should be able to find it ..Sorry I don't know how to copy and paste  :D

Rosie

Offline John JFK Kenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Peter's Cemetery Dalbeth
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 23 November 19 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Rosie.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile