Author Topic: Ystradgynlais CDs  (Read 4350 times)

Offline ag10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ystradgynlais CDs
« on: Thursday 28 April 05 12:12 BST (UK) »
Anyone seen/used the Ystradgynlais FHS CDs?

As far as I can find out, the one with the censuses doesn't include the full census information (so is of limited use??).

I don't know how much info is on the Parish Records one - is it worth having?

Comments welcome - thanks!

Al

Offline Dave Jones

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ystradgynlais CDs
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 October 05 15:31 BST (UK) »
I have found the Parish Records CD absolutely superb. It was probably the best £15 I have spent in years.
I would also suggest that you buy the Ystalyfera CD for another £15. So many people seemed to move between the two places that it is not uncommon to find the same family appearing at both parishes.
I seem to remember there was a problem in getting Ystradgynlais FHS to post out the CDs and I had to go to the library there to buy them.
Although I would not want to do lookups as it would deprive Ystradgynlais FHS of the money they rightly deserve, as well as being a breach of the licence, if you want to put up a few names, dates etc. I can have a look to see if a purchase would be worthwhile for you, as I am sure it would be.

Offline ag10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ystradgynlais CDs
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 October 05 16:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply, Dave.
My researches have reached the point where I need to consolidate (or risk brain overload) so I won't be needing new info for a while - unless someone has records for Yorath chapel burials!
Anyway, thanks again for the info.
Al