Author Topic: Lennoxtown Cemetery  (Read 8362 times)

Offline elizabeth.m

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Lennoxtown Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 January 12 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nolocks,

I am not sure if you can help me but.  My grans sister was a boarded out farm worker from Lennox Castle.  She died on 23 February 1912.  The address given was Buchanan Street, Balfron.  I have checked with the cemeteries people at Stirling without any luck.  Would she be buried in Lennoxtown?

Liz
McQuade-Monaghan/Dumbarton, Lynn-Co Tyrone/Stirling/Dumbarton/Glasgow, McSporran-Campbelltown/Glasgow/Renton/Dumbarton,  Smith, Madden-Antrim/Dumbarton, McFarlane-Roseneath, Barr-Buncranna/Derry/Dumbarton

Offline Nolocks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 January 12 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Theres every possibility she may be buried in Lennoxtown as if she were a resident of Lennox Castle thats where most were buried. for more information I would contact east dunbartonshire council cemetaries section and they will look into it as they keep a master copy of all people who were buried in the cemetary.

Offline elizabeth.m

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 January 12 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I will do that.  Here's hoping!

Liz
McQuade-Monaghan/Dumbarton, Lynn-Co Tyrone/Stirling/Dumbarton/Glasgow, McSporran-Campbelltown/Glasgow/Renton/Dumbarton,  Smith, Madden-Antrim/Dumbarton, McFarlane-Roseneath, Barr-Buncranna/Derry/Dumbarton

Offline Redhill

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 March 12 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I am trying to trace my sisters grave. She was cared for in Lennox Castle and died in the early to mid 1970s. Her name was Hilary Thompson and I think she was buried in Campsie cemetery. Nolocks does this name ring a bell?

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Offline mrs acb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 10 September 23 23:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the message ..worth a try I cant say I know them but theres an angela sullivan from here too...son of John who is the brother of george and david...

This sounds like the family of an old friend whom I am no longer in touch with. John, George and David had a sister Marie who sadly passed away in 1988 and who is also laid to rest at Lennox Castle Cemetery. Their parents were Vine and John Sullivan.